forum

Video offset works on extremes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jarby
When I'm adjusting the video offset for this map, it only seems to have 3 offsets available, depending on where the video offset slide bar is; about a 1 second fast, about 5 seconds slow and about 5 seconds fast. If I drag the bar slightly, it either makes no change, or switches to another extreme.

Sometimes, although, not always, it does not save the position of the video offset slide bar. It simply defaults back to the last position where an extreme was. Whether or not I have made any another changes, it will still act as if it as a new version, needing to update, or upload.

Also, when I scroll through the timeline to the last minute or so, it has trouble loading it properly. It doesn't do this if I'm just playing the map without scrolling.

The video is a standard XVID avi, so I doubt that my codecs are the problem. '30 frames/second. 174kbps. 24bit'.

I copied this from a graveyarded map. The video is the same, but I'm not sure if it has the same problem.
anonymous_old
Playing from the beginning of the video may help, due to seeking inaccuracies.

A better way to find the perfect video offset is to modify the .osu file directly, though, and not worry about the slider. You can find a certain point in the video which corresponds exactly to a beat and enter the difference between the audio and video files as the video offset.