forum

Soulja Boy - Kiss Me Thru The Phone

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rolled
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, May 01, 2009 at 10:23:06 PM

Artist: Soulja Boy
Title: Kiss Me Thru The Phone
Tags: featuring Sammie
BPM: 150
Filesize: 3927kb
Play Time: 03:08
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.96 stars, 389 notes)
  2. Normal (3.36 stars, 210 notes)
Download: Soulja Boy - Kiss Me Thru The Phone
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
thank god soulja boy doesn't sing the majority of this song
fufe
Hard:
00:42:47 (1) - nazi spacing
00:44:87 (10,11) - ^
00:59:27 (6) - ^
01:11:47 (2,3,4,5) - ^
probably more but not worth mentioning/doesnt stand out as much

normal- fun with doubletime =o
00:54:67 (2) - ugly spacing
01:14:87 (2,3,4) - wierd spacing. intentional minijump?
01:44:87 (1,2,3) - slightly inconsistent
02:49:47 (2,3) - nazi spacing compared to others
02:55:87 (2,3) - ^

Not much i can say. I can only notice nazi spacing inconsistency cause that's what a majority of ppls say about my maps. I bet that it barely matters tho.
Topic Starter
Rolled

fufe wrote:

Hard:
00:42:47 (1) - nazi spacing
00:44:87 (10,11) - ^
00:59:27 (6) - ^
01:11:47 (2,3,4,5) - ^
probably more but not worth mentioning/doesnt stand out as much

normal- fun with doubletime =o
00:54:67 (2) - ugly spacing
01:14:87 (2,3,4) - wierd spacing. intentional minijump?
01:44:87 (1,2,3) - slightly inconsistent
02:49:47 (2,3) - nazi spacing compared to others
02:55:87 (2,3) - ^

Not much i can say. I can only notice nazi spacing inconsistency cause that's what a majority of ppls say about my maps. I bet that it barely matters tho.
All of the normal things I've fixed. I tend to half ass normals a lot (and this was no exception) so I generally forget to comb through it and fix little gridsnaps like those that got messed up.

When it comes to hard though, I like to jump around a lot. Basically every new combo I place isn't placed with distance snap. The only time distance snapping is really required is when the notes are all in the same combo. Same combo'd notes should all be equidistant.

Also, if you ever get some nazimodders don't be afraid to tell them off. The way I mod, and the way I think everybody should mod (conceited lols) is only mention the things that trip you up. If a note placed one grid further than the rest realllllly trips them up, then that's their problem not the mapper's. Keep in mind that most BAT's just suggest things, it's not the end all requirement for your map to be ranked.
fufe
QFT, so hard. Thanks for the explanation, it backs up what i was thinking.
Cyclone
Hard:
01:47:67 (9) - I got a 50, Fix this.

:|
foulcoon
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Rolled
I'm pretty sure I fixed everything you guys mentioned (I only fixed that one note that cyc mentioned, even though the ones after are similar. If those are a problem too let me know.
Cyclone
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Zerostarry
[Normal]
00:55:67() - I think a note should be placed here.

It sounds fine with or without the note, just thought this was worth a mention. Let me know what you think, and i'll bubble.
Starrodkirby86
This is a pretty great map, despite Soulja Boy.

I had no problems doing well on both difficulties...But... (Haha, the but)

[Hard]:
01:47:67 (9,1,2,3,1) - This was honestly the only part I had trouble with. It may as well have been intentional, but the spacing from (9) to (1) is like...Bam, in your face since it's all not the norm. Then there goes the regular 1/2 spacing with (1) and (2), but with (3) and (1) comes that strange jump again.

I can always comment on the hitsounds...

Like for example:

02:00:87 (9,11) - Clap sounds here.

or on Normal:

02:33:67 (5) - This has a Finish.

But on Hard:
02:33:67 (11) - This should have a Finish too (But it doesn't). xP

Stuff like this is as minor as nazi spacing though, at least in my eyes. But if you want to go with hitsounds, then bah~

I can't really find anything wrong in particular, which is very good! Mmh, a star should go here.
Topic Starter
Rolled
Yeah, I think it became pretty apparent that I half-assed normal :P Basically, the whole time I was mapping it it was like freaking 4.3 stars. So I started taking out random notes (ie, some of the spots where there was 2 notes instead of 3).. then when I actually finished the map it just got yoinked down to 3 stars. But I'm pretty sure I made all of the above changes but:

02:00:87 (9,11) - Clap sounds here.

In the hard difficulty, every similar spot I used a little "2 on 1 off" soft whistle at this part, and really like how it sounds. So not gonna add any claps there.

Also, I hope I didn't make 01:47:67 (9,1,2,3,1) any more confusing now. It was some intentional jumps at first, but now it's like antijump and i dunno. Let me know what you guys think (I have been doing a lot of little things like that in my recent maps and they always get commented on :P Maybe I should stop that)
Zerostarry
Thought Bubble
foulcoon
Topic Starter
Rolled
yeah that sounds good to me