forum

Chick Corea, Return to Forever - 500 Miles High

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
olc
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 9:10:12 PM

Artist: Chick Corea, Return to Forever
Title: 500 Miles High
Tags: jazz standard english fusion latin brazilian birds 1973 piano keys solo bass horn
BPM: 140.75
Filesize: 28056kb
Play Time: 10:15
Difficulties Available:
  1. Light as a Feather (5.12 stars, 2091 notes)
Download: Chick Corea, Return to Forever - 500 Miles High
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

"I wanna do another one. Yeah, we'll do another one right away. Uh... It- It's just hitting, that's all. It's just hitting the spots, you know. Everything felt great, the rhythm and everything."

NON-INTRUSIVE STORYBOARD
info and thoughts
1. this map was made in reference to a legendary jazz musician who passed away recently, Chick Corea
2. this song specifically was chosen for (1) the song name and (2) the ending segment at the end
3. there is a more energetic and shorter version of this song that i probably would have been more happy with but i chose this version because it includes the ending segment, hope it's worth it
4. if you've read points 2 and 3 and are going to go check the end in the editor, i would recommend that you instead play from the beginning
5. this is my longest map to date, the previous being What About Me? with a drain time of 6:11
6. i tend to be unhappier with lower bpm songs, which might be the reason i'm not happy with this at all. but this seems like the kind of map that i'll change my opinion on in a few months never mind this has been the most immediate positive reception i've gotten for a map ever. the people have spoken
7. 2021/04/07 i'm happy with it now

And above the skies
You will always stay
500 Miles High

2021/03/19 added storyboard
2021/04/07 finished hs
2021/04/10 qual