forum

Ai Otsuka - Cherish

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
maksou_old
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, April 29, 2009 at 5:31:01 PM

Artist: Ai Otsuka
Title: Cherish
BPM: 97.17
Filesize: 87503kb
Play Time: 01:54
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0.97 stars, 47 notes)
  2. Normal (0.97 stars, 174 notes)
Download: Ai Otsuka - Cherish
Download: Ai Otsuka - Cherish (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My second beat map, to my favorite song.
The_Priest_In_Yellow
This seems a bit tricky to time, I tried my hand at it and failed haha. I think it needs more than one timing section though, check the #mod channel and request someone good with timing to check it. (yup, we have a #mod channel now, feel free to check in. I'm sure there are at least some modders in there that are willing to help)

In general both difficulties for the map are a bit sluggish, and use some awkward spacing. Don't be afraid to map a hectic map, switch between slow and fast-paced mapping when it fits. My suggestion would be to request help with the timing and then starting from scratch.

What would be nice to see, would of course be a hard or an insane. Don't be afraid to use your imagination here. Check the mapping faq to see what is 'forbidden' and keep it in mind, while not letting yourself get restricted.

Videosize however is an issue here. I saw 87mb got a bit scared ^^
Usually I think a map with video (all in all) should be something around 10/15-20/25mb in size... or at least that's pretty common. Making the video smaller is a requirement here.