forum

Star maps without posting

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
0_o
Well you can kudo-star a map without posting on it, so why not be able to give a regular star without posting? It would save a lot of room on the thread for actual mod posts instead of general "Nice job, starred." posts.

No big deal, but it would be kinda convenient.
peppy
I disagree with this, as half the idea behind starring is that you give some advice about the map, or at least say what you like about it.
Topic Starter
0_o
OK, that's what I wanted to know; I wasn't sure if there was an actual reason for having to post to star, or if it just wasn't considered otherwise.

Feel free to discuss if anyone else feels differently, but I'm satisfied.
mattyu007
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
0_o
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old

mattyu007 wrote:

It's not that hard to make a post, is it? >.>
No, but it's easier not to. =]

Also, such semi-useless posts clutter the topic, as 0_o mentioned. They also meaninglessly add to your post count (FIXME).
peppy
I'd sooner remove the postcount altogether than "fix" that.
anonymous_old

peppy wrote:

I'd sooner remove the postcount altogether than "fix" that.
By FIXME I mean it in the coder term; I wanted my statement to be corrected if it were incorrect. That is, I wasn't sure if it were 100% correct. I didn't mean to say fix the "problem."

I'm now half-and-half on this issue. If more support can be drawn from the support side...
peppy
Aha. Either way though; I'm not a huge fan of the postcount statistic in forums. If we got enough people agreeing I would love to remove it altogether :P.
FurukawaPan
I wouldn't mind losing post count, if we can get custom titles instead :)
Kitsunemimi
Starring should be like Youtube. The stars would be a rating. Anyone can star. Then people who liked the beatmap enough to bother to make a post about what they like about it can post. Seeing a random post saying, "YAY SPAM THOSE NOTES!!" just to star the map is pretty pointless. It'd be nice if we could just go, star, then play.

SPOILER
you shouldn't be looking here...
anonymous_old

Harris73 wrote:

Starring should be like Youtube. The stars would be a rating. Anyone can star. Then people who liked the beatmap enough to bother to make a post about what they like about it can post. Seeing a random post saying, "YAY SPAM THOSE NOTES!!" just to star the map is pretty pointless. It'd be nice if we could just go, star, then play.
This is basically how the rating system works. Are you suggesting it be extended to WIP maps? I suspect abuse (on the negative and positive sides =S).