forum

Have custom skins apply to results screen [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
K2J
Pretty self-explanatory; when you put custom skin parts in a beatmap folder, they should apply to the results screen as well, not just play time and the pause menu.

Please?
Topic Starter
K2J
Bump. I don't know if this is a feature request or a bug report, actually...
Derekku
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
mm201
Ouendan2 authentic Countdown and SSAY need this so badly.
awp

K2J wrote:

Bump. I don't know if this is a feature request or a bug report, actually...
If it can't currently be done, then yes; this would be much appreciated.
Torran
Support.
XepherX3
got my support :lol:
LuigiHann
I agree, should be done
anonymous_old
I like this.

(x3ns0r, fix your sig. It's too big.)
ShaggoN
Good idea. :)
Gemi
Hate to break the chain, but I would not like this. The results screen should imo be standard.
aRiskOfRain
I disagree with the disagreer. I want this to happen.
Topic Starter
K2J

Gemi wrote:

The results screen should imo be standard.
I suppose that since this is a rather subjective call, I'll explain my reasoning:

1. The applause sample is currently skinnable on a per-map basis. If the audio can be skinned, why can't the visuals?
  2. A little bit more importantly, the map itself uses these visual elements as a gameplay element. After finishing a song, it's a bit odd to suddenly revert to the symbols not used in the map proper.
I would be fine with the result screen when selecting replays to be standard (especially so the skin wouldn't have to be loaded if you decide not to watch it), but if the skin's already in memory (both the user's and the game's), why not use it? You should know by the end of the song what a "300" and so on looks like for this particular map, so I don't think there could be any confusion.
Gemi

K2J wrote:

I would be fine with the result screen when selecting replays to be standard (especially so the skin wouldn't have to be loaded if you decide not to watch it), but if the skin's already in memory (both the user's and the game's), why not use it? You should know by the end of the song what a "300" and so on looks like for this particular map, so I don't think there could be any confusion.
I would be okay with using the map specific 300/100/50/miss symbols. Actually, I would go as far as making that the standard behavior right now. Anything else though, no please.
LuigiHann
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Azure_Kite
I must say I agree with this.

For example, Taiko mode. If you have the skin set to be used on each Taiko map you play, why doesn't it come up in the results screen as well?

+1 support