forum

[Archived] Beatmap could not be successfully loaded

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Senbon
I was mapping a new song and I started to test it, but it gave me the red error message at the bottom. (see title)

When I went to go back to my map, everything but the song setup was gone. (timing, audio, difficulty, etc.) No notes at all, no background either. :( Completely frustrating because I mapped half the song already! Yes, I saved before testing. A lot.
anonymous_old
Ouch.

In the editor, File -> Open Song Folder. See if there are any salvageable files there.
Echo
Are you by any chance using an ogg?
Layola_old
Same problem has been happening to me. I'm using a .mp3 file. And if you open the song folder up, all the files are there except the .osu file is new, like you never did anything with the map. Every time I go into trying to edit it, the song setup pops up (everything filled out already).

Can't map :cry: !
mosluv
Temporary fix to the problem:

Click Save > Exit osu! > Go back into editing your map > click test.

^Shouldn't have a problem with testing your map anymore or losing everything you did. At least this worked for me. o.o
WyndII
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Senbon

Nexy wrote:

Temporary fix to the problem:

Click Save > Exit osu! > Go back into editing your map > click test.

^Shouldn't have a problem with testing your map anymore or losing everything you did. At least this worked for me. o.o
Yep, did work. It hasn't come back since, but I'm still wary that it might happen again so I back it up to my desktop ever so often.