forum

osu.exe doesn't do anything at all [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
tomas92
The problem I have is actually very easy to explain. I downloaded osu! from this page, installed it, but then when I try to run osu!.exe or osume.exe they neither work. I tried reinstalling it but the same happened. I then downloaded the installer again and installed it with that one, but nothing happened either. I'm new at osu! so please help me.
anonymous_old
Try setting the video renderer to OpenGL.

Go to where you installed osu! (usually something like C:\Program Files\osu!). You'll see a file named osu!.USERNAMEHERE.cfg, where USERNAMEHERE is your user name on your computer. Edit it with Notepad. Look for a line with says "Renderer = d3d" and replace "d3d" with "ogl" (FIXME). Save the file and try opening osu! again.
Topic Starter
tomas92
Thank you very much for your help, but it seems there's not such file in the game directory or any subfolder. Are you sure it should be there? Maybe it's not created until the game is opened at least once...
Topic Starter
tomas92
I'm still waiting for a solution to my problem, please help. Doesn't anyone have any idea of what could be causing the proble?
Senbon
Ummm... have you downloaded Microsoft .NET Framework? :D
Echo
Is it running under Processes in Task Manager?
Topic Starter
tomas92
It seems I already have .NET Framework 2.0 since when I download the installer and run it it gives me the options to repair or remove .NET Frameork 2.0. I tried repairing but it says the file netfx2.msi is missing. And Echo: no, it's not running it the task manager. If I try to run osu!.exe with the task manager open I see it running for an instant but it soon disappears.
Metroid
Sound like .NET is broken then I say uninstall and reinstall.
It also could be a bad install of osu! but I doubt that....

Specs of your PC would help.
Hanyuu
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
mattyu007
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
tomas92
With the help of Dotnetfx Cleanup Tool I could reinstall .NETframework. It seems that was the problem since now I can play =D. Thanks a lot for your help!