forum

Gran Turismo, Anyone?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
shinn_old
Does anyone play the Gran Turismo Series?

I play GT4 and GT3 A-spec

I am only 49.3% in GT4, I own no F-1 cars. (But I LOVE my Toyota 89C-V)

I finished GT3

Little Exp in GT2

EDIT: I accidentally scratched my GT4 disk :roll: (It comes with a 212 page instructions :lol: )
eyup
Wow, I didn't know anyone else would like driving sims in this place. I've played and clocked GT1,2 and 3, played 4 at a friend's place. Used a Mad Catz 2 wheel to play. They're fun, but as Jeremy Clarkson found out on Top Gear, it can't compare with the real deal - driving fast is REALLY scary. That's why I can't wait to have a fang in our uni's Formula SAE car :D

By the way, not surprising that you love that Toyota - it's not a commonly known fact but those older Group C cars have better power to weight ratio than current F1 cars and could reach speeds of 400km/h!
awp
I used to play Gran Turismo a fair amount. Got a custom car to like, 920 Horsepower. It couldn't steer worth a damn, but in the first level, you could win first place just by holding X because it'd hug the walls at such a fast speed you didn't NEED handling.
karnov_old
never beat any of them
buti love them alot
i have the 900 degree GT wheel.
i like it.
Demicol
I think I still have a promo-copy of GT1, but it's so scratched it's a miracle to get it past the first loading screen. I loved it when it worked though. Maybe I should pick up one of the PS2 titles if I see them for cheap.
chan
I played GT3 quite a bit. Almost got all of the licenses except the last one :( Started collecting a few cars but none were all that decent

Eyup, you actually get to drive in your uni's FSAE car?!
eyup

chan wrote:

Eyup, you actually get to drive in your uni's FSAE car?!
Hopefully, yes. Unless there are 7 other drivers that prove themselves to be faster than me.

The FSAE Australasia competition was last weekend, was really fun watching those cars go around. Damn you perthlings though, UWA is untouchable because they have a budget like 10 times that of other unis... but their car looks absolutely awesome :D Here's hoping next year humble old Uni of Melbourne will knock those guys and gals off their throne...
chan
I'm not sure we have that great a budget. I think our uni came 2nd for cost, so I guess it's not too bad. I think having to live up to high expectations takes it's toll on the team but meh.

But that's pretty awesome if you get to drive for your uni. I hear drivers get special training :P It'd be cool to see some drifting à la NFS Carbon hehehe. I'd love to see that in the FSAE competition
eyup
You came 2nd in cost because you had a team of like 5 people dedicated to the cost event, so you can BS away. C'mon, everyone can see that your car costs the most - full CF body, custom Kinetic suspension, MOTEC LCD display, etc. etc. etc.... Plus the overhead which doesn't count in the cost event, such as full catering during race weekend, custom trailer, millions of sets of tires, multiple toolkits, etc. etc. etc...
hunnykilla
Gran turismo 5 demo was fun. A game worth buying for the ps3.
awp

Nakao wrote:

Gran turismo 5 demo was fun. A game worth buying for the ps3.
That isn't the game where you have to pay USD to get cars/tracks is it?

I remember reading an article for A racing game (forgot which one) where there's two versions: the "starter" version (charges a premium, starts you with something playable: some cars, some tracks) and the "barebones" version (it's just basically the title screen) which lets you buy the specific tracks/vehicles you desire.

I hope that's not how Gran Turismo 5 works because that level of extortion is unacceptable in my opinion.
Topic Starter
shinn_old
I really want to try GT5 in a PS3. But the PS3 is kinda expensive right now... I can't afford it.

I think there's going to be a demo of GT5 in Asian Game Show 07 (This years theme is HD)
Card N'FoRcE
I only played Gran Turismo 2 :D
I'm at the 99.01%
I only have to get gold medals in licences IC, IB, IA and S (most of them :| )

Right now I play simulations on my PC only, with my Logitech Momo Racing Wheel :)