forum

Chat Error

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
hadoken_zero
Today osu! told me to get a new update.

After I downloaded it now when i try to get into chat (F8) it displays:

An error has occurred. Please report this in the forums along with any more information you can provide!

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at osu.Online.IRC.JoinChannels()
at osu.Chat.ChatEngine.Toggle()
at osu.Chat.ChatEngine.GameBase_OnKeyRepeat(Object sender, Keys k, Boolean first)
at osu.GameBase.RepeatKeyEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, Keys k, Boolean first)
at osu.GameBase.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
at osu.Program.Main()

This makes it crash and chat unusable so I obviously can't post it there.
Topic Starter
hadoken_zero
I'm just bumping as I would like to know why this is happening ever since I got the b176 update.

Thanks.
EiJi
Well, the IRC (chat) server was down for a few hours...that explains why you couldn't get on.

However, it doesn't explain why it crashed you... No need to bump. Peppy reply when he's around. He's in Japan. ;)
Topic Starter
hadoken_zero
thanks,
it was just that it was from the time of new release till right now....
Popo_old
Bumping this because the same thing happened to me.

An error has occurred. Please report this in the forums along with any more information you can provide!

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at osu.Online.IRC.JoinChannels()
at osu.Chat.ChatEngine.Toggle()
at osu.Chat.ChatEngine.GameBase_OnKeyRepeat(Object sender, Keys k, Boolean first)
at osu.GameBase.RepeatKeyEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, Keys k, Boolean first)
at osu.GameBase.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
at osu.Program.Main()