forum

OK Go - Here It Goes Again

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Agent BA8 Rookbie
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 22 December 2007 at 18:43:11

Artist: OK Go
Title: Here It Goes Again
BPM: 83.5
Filesize: 3510kb
Play Time: 02:55
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0.42 stars, 157 notes)
  2. Insane (2.69 stars, 269 notes)
Download: OK Go - Here It Goes Again
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
After a few days of no other comments, I made an Easy mode, and decided to upload it to Completed Beatmaps. I would still like some comments. Positive, or constructive criticism. Please, if you have downloaded this, try and comment. I'll even take a simple "It's cool." Or "It needs some work". I'll take it happily!
I've loved this song ever since I heard it frankly. I knew it from the Treadmill Dance, (Which is probably the same as everyone else.) and I decided to make a beatmap! I think the timing is quite decent. There's Easy and Insane, and I warn you, Insane is pretty insane.
EDIT: Cecil's comment is for the old (And may I say, crummy.) Hard map. Which was only hard because the timing was so off, it WAS funny.
Cecilthemos
The bpm and offset are completely off, the beats don't even relatively go with the song.
I got
BPM: 145
Offset: 3,892
It looks like you haven't seen the video, so go to this topic http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13
and see if after reading and watching you can make a better beatmap. I'll check it out after you do.
Topic Starter
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Yeah sorry. I tried to make it go with the song, and I even clicked at the right times... But for some reason it was still off.
I'll check the video and update the map. Thanks.
EDIT: The new version is up! And if you download it, download the Insane version. I'll make an easy version later.
MOOMANiBE
Well, your BPM is still a bit off x_X!
I see you managed to compensate to an extent with manual placement, but it's better just to have an accurate BPM. 145.00 BPM at 8,457 offset worked well when I tried it.

Next; Beat Spacing! If you don't know what it is, the FAQ mentions it in detail. Anyway, you kinda don't have it o_O;;;
I'd suggest going through and respacing the notes with ALT held down to get a good idea of the kind of spacing you should have. This sort of thing is very important to making a song "playable" and a lack of it can be rather annoying. So make sure ya do it XD. This will also give you a chance to spice up your song with more interesting patterns. You're using so little of the available space. Make use of the rest of the screen!

It's up to you, but I think the song could also use a bit more variety. Either some more varied beats (that still are timed to the song) or some sliders might do the trick. Play around a bit!

Lastly: Use the New Combo button once in a while! It's on the right top of the edit screen. This resets the "number' on the beats to zero and allows a Beat or Elite Beat on finish. This is important for keeping your lifebar up AND for aestheic purposes, distinguishes between sets of beats. Just place one "new combo" beat as the beginning of a new set of beats and it'll do the trick. Every 10-20 beats is a good time for a new combo, usually.

This is a really catchy song, and there's a lot of potential there for you to make something awesome out of it. Don't give up O.O
Topic Starter
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Thanks!
See, this was back in the time when I was an idiot when it came to these things. So it really sucks.
I'll redo these things.
Once again, thanks for the comment, and a question, why are you not a mod yet?
You're excellent. Anyway, back to work on my Knights of Cydonia map.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.