forum

Ranked Beatmaps shouldn't apply to the 8 Starpriority rule [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Larto
This is really minor and not important, but I like editing the first posts of older, already ranked maps if they have a bubble symbol instead of a heart, so they get a heart. Just for the sake of perfection. Now, with the 8 starpriority rule, when I try to edit the first post and the map doesn't have 8 SP, it tells me THIS MAP DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH SP, so please, can we deactivate that 8 SP rule for maps that are already ranked? It wouldn't make any difference anyway :S

inb4don'teditposts,larto
Derekku
don't edit posts, laotr oops i misspelled your name ololol

But yeah,I don't think it should apply to already ranked maps either.
mattyu007
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Larto
I can imagine that

"Hey, please get more SP for your map"
"Okay, done, I don't have any Kudosu anymore ;("
"Okay nuked"
"*rapeface*"

Delicious. But yeah, we should be able to nuke maps with less than that. And star maybe?
Pasonia

Larto wrote:

I can imagine that

"Hey, please get more SP for your map"
"Okay, done, I don't have any Kudosu anymore ;("
"Okay nuked"
"*rapeface*"

Delicious. But yeah, we should be able to nuke maps with less than that. And star maybe?
I lol'ed at this.

Anyway, nukes should be reserved for all cases (but who would star a nukable?) and stars, maybe a limit of 4 kudosu starz?
Wojjan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp

Wojjan wrote:

and poeple who are good at mapping might suck at modding
This generally isn't observed though, since modding is basically mapping with the creativity aspect already done for you, in a sense. A good mapper can mod his/her own map, and it should be easier to find abnormalities in something you're unfamiliar with than with your own creations.

As for starring a beatmap, with the kudosu system in place the traditional use of stars is pointless. I think stars should be used only when popping a bubble.
Ekaru
A good mapper can mod his/her own map
Uh, I did that on my very first beatmap. >_>; Once you know what to look for, even newbies can mod their own maps. :D It's just basically looking for note placement that doesn't play well, both on the timeline and on the field. That's all there is to it, actually.

...Did I just sum up modding in one sentence?

Anyways, currently those white stars don't mean much, heck I totally forgot they existed. Does that make me a loser?

And I think the 8 SP thing not applying to Ranked maps should be done, seriously. :P
Topic Starter
Larto
bump
Topic Starter
Larto
Echo
Should be done.

for peppy just in case
posting.php: l196, l1368
posting_body.html: l108