forum

R> Challenge Mode!

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
EiJi
So I was on IRC when I thought of something...others agreed, so I figured I'd post it.

This would be a mod, like hidden.

With this mod enabled, Osu! now turns into a game of darts. Scoring is determined by the current means, in addition to your actual accuracy. Again, think darts. Each note would have a little dot in the middle which is the 'bullseye'. Timing PLUS accuracy will determine if you get 50/100/300/500.

What? 500? Yep. If you get the timing of a 300 AND hit the actual bullseye, thus being a perfect click in both accuracy and timing, you'll get the uber 500!

Assuming you get perfect timing...

Imagine an actual darts thingy. The first circle is worth 500. Second worth 300, third worth 100, fourth null and fifth worth 50.

It should be considerably harder to get a 300 than a 100, 50 than a 100 and especially 500 than a 300.

This would make it fun and challenging for the better players when used on easier and otherwise boring maps.

Thoughts? :lol:
LuigiHann
I wish this had been posted in my now-dead "ideas for mods" thread :| :( :cry:

Still, cool idea. In practice it'd probably be less like darts and more like Point Blank, but there's nothing wrong with that.
awp
I was also thinking different angles would net you different points, like in the dart board pictured above. Thoughts?
LuigiHann
I don't know. Angles don't have as much to do with precision as uh... centrality does. Then again, it would still make it more challenging.
awp

LuigiHann wrote:

Angles don't have as much to do with precision as uh... centrality does.
That's why dart boards always struck me as odd
eyup
It's a good idea, but I'll never use it as it is a score-enhancing mod.

Oh, and angular scoring? Err...... no.
Lancer_old
I'm not sure exactly how the scoring system works (anyone wanna explain?) so this idea might be even crazier. What if each bullseye increased your multiplier by 1.1 or maybe 1.15 or 1.2. I don't think there wouldn't be much of a crazy effect on scores unless your song was a few thousand notes long. Of course this would make it so you have no reason not to play with the modifier on, so you'd have to make non-bullseye hits not increase your health bar or something.

Alternatively, there could be a seperate bullseye combo counter which would effect the score in some way. Again, it would be really helpful if someone could explain the current scoring formula to me.
Echo
How about this only changing your accuracy? Or kicking out 500? I don't want too many "get-higher-score" mods.