forum

-Long- Audition - Christmas Party

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
EiJi
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, January 08, 2008 at 7:13:33 PM

Artist: Audition
Title: Christmas Party
BPM: 130.01
Filesize: 5292kb
Play Time: 05:08
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.29 stars, 534 notes)
Download: Audition - Christmas Party
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Another

eyup wrote:

unrankably long
map from another dancing/rhythm game I play - Audition . Weeee~

I did want to shorten it, but I couldn't find a good place to do so. So I ended up mapping the entire song.

It's long, and perhaps a bit boring at times. Pretty constant stream towards the end.

You'll probably think the offset is EARLY. But before you you do, please listen to the actual notes. Maybe I'm wrong, but when I first did the offset correctly, the notes were off beat, so I adjusted the offset accordingly.

I had to have a friend upload this map for me, since it would take hours for me to do so. I mapped this on the private build, he uses the public build, so if there were any upload problems, do lemme know.

Edit: Was requested for with my other map that I tag long maps...so I did.[/quote]

20+ views and no one bothered to say "hi, the mp3 isn't there"...sigh. Fixed.[/quote][/quote]
Extor
It's quite a nice beatmap. It's a bit hard a some parts and all that BUT the good thing about it it's that it isn't the same song, it's a remix of all the standard Christmas songs, that makes every single part of the beatmap unique, without repetitions and all that. I think that this one can deserve a ranking despite the duration. In reality, I don't mind long beatmaps...

*bubbles*
Rolled

Extor wrote:

the good thing about it it's that it isn't the same song, it's a remix of all the standard Christmas songs, that makes every single part of the beatmap unique.
Agreed, and that makes me love this beatmap. You have some of the most creative ideas I have seen, and out of the 700 or so beatmaps you recently posted, this is my favorite.

p.s. - Love the spinners and the creatively designed slides.
Topic Starter
EiJi

Rolled wrote:

You have some of the most creative ideas I have seen, and out of the 700 or so beatmaps you recently posted, this is my favorite.
700 xD! Soon, soon! I'm getting there!

On a more serious note, glad you like it.
awp
Play time 5:08?

Pfft.

It's not that long. I'll check 'er out after dinner why not?

Argh when I downloaded it I didn't get the audio file for whatever reason.
Topic Starter
EiJi
Hm? Since 5 mins is nothing to you, whyd on't you take a crack at this one as well? ;)
awp
How long exactly is that one?

Also, I redownloaded the .osz and everything is A-OK now. I haven't played it but it looks pretty good. Unfortunately, I'm long overdue for procrastination.
Topic Starter
EiJi
About the same length. Just that every mod besides us says 5 mins is unrankable.
awp
That's why we should push for the dual ranking system.

Also there are at least one or two other mods that don't mind longer songs iirc.
Hitoshirenu Shourai
I see nothing wrong with this map. It may be long, but the breaks certainly make up for it. I'm going to rank this, and tagging it as Long in the file name. Also, I request that you make a "normal" version of this. One that I might actually be able to pass. >_>;

NOTE TO PEPPY: Here's an idea for a feature - add an option that tags songs that are 4 minutes or longer as "Artist - Title{Creator}[Long][Difficulty]," that way the longer songs can get ranked. Also, it would be nice to have them sortable by length in that manner. Songs under 2 minutes being "Short," songs between 2 and 4 minutes without a tag, and over that being tagged as "Long." That's just my idea, though. So... yeah.
Saturos
Well, aside from the spinner spam mid-way through, I liked it. I'm having trouble with scoring, though, for some reason. On my first (and only so far ;)) play through, my score when I finished the song was 10mil+, and shows it that way in my local scores, but in the online scores it cuts it down to 8.3mil. I realize that local scores are also bugged as far as showing the correct date, since all my scores show as 1/1/01 regardless, but the score it showed me at the end of my play through was the 10mil, not the 8.3.

Local:

Online:

Any particular reason to this?

EDIT: Nevermind, it appears 8388607 is the max the online scoreboard can show for some reason.
peppy
Fixed broken map which ended up in the graveyard for unknown echoing reasons.
CriticalDex
can't download in osu-direct :/
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.