forum

Gary Cao - Ni Shi Wo De Bao Bei

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
chan
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, February 01, 2008 at 10:09:42 PM

Artist: Gary Cao
Title: Ni Shi Wo De Bao Bei
BPM: 128
Filesize: 5229kb
Play Time: 03:27
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.84 stars, 211 notes)
  2. Hard (4.42 stars, 429 notes)
Download: Gary Cao - Ni Shi Wo De Bao Bei
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Gary ?? - ??????
My 4th completed beatmap. I thought I'd do a more recent Chinese pop song. I'd say it's R&B but I'm no expert. This song is by Gary Cao, and is called Ni Shi Wo De Bao Bei or You Are My Beloved

I bothered to make an "easy" version, although that classification is open to interpretation. Most of the "hard" version follows the rhythm of the vocals, and I suggest that you use both mouse buttons (or keyboard keys) for the successive 1/4 beats. The playtime is about 3 minutes and there's a small break in there between choruses. I used the soft sound sample set and whistles are in most bars on the 3rd beat, which I think suits the song. Tried to squeeze in some finishes, but found it quite hard to find suitable times for them.

The issues with Chinese characters should be resolved.

Please leave some feedback or comments if you try this beatmap.
-Chan
Cecilthemos
For this to even work, you'll need to remove the Chinese characters, make them into English and resubmit
Topic Starter
chan
*bump*
Download should be working fine now, after renaming with English characters.
Tapdancingmetroid
I don't see any problems with the beatmap besides the "easy" difficulty being not exactly simple. *thoughtbubbled
:D
Topic Starter
chan
Updated the easy version.
I think it's even easier than before, as a lot of the 1/2 beats have been omitted and the beat placement is a little more intuitive. I tested this out myself and achieved a perfect all-300 run in test mode.
I did however increase the overall difficulty, as before you could rack up a LOT of misses without failing. Even now it's pretty hard to fail. I'm going to un-star this now.

[Edit]: Attachment deleted, just use the download at the top of this thread
Rolled
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
chan
Rolled: Well spotted on the inconsistent beat spacing. Some were pretty subtle. Thanks for taking the time to locate and detail them.

I've now altered those beats mentioned and updated the beatmap.
Echo
I noticed after you left that the tambourine-ish sound in hard was actually the whistle, but placed really cleverly so it sounded like it was part of the music - I think that's brilliant!

This is a combination of what I spotted + what you spotted in case you forget (short and nasty like you said) :P

Hard:
split the 18 combo
2:00-ish - I really like the squares, but some people won't like them
3:21.88 - 5 is slightly misplaced

Easy:
1:54 - blue slider placement misleading
Topic Starter
chan
Done and done! Thanks Echo for going through it, it was fun watching you play. Also, you forgot to remind me to cut down that 18 note combo!

In the end, I got rid of those square sliders for sliders with right angles (but no resemblance to a polygon).

Echo49 wrote:

3:21.88 - 5 is slightly misplaced
I changed that, but it only seemed misplaced because of the slider before not ending in a proper place on the grid. (5) is now placed linearly.

Echo49 wrote:

I noticed after you left that the tambourine-ish sound in hard was actually the whistle, but placed really cleverly so it sounded like it was part of the music - I think that's brilliant!
Really glad you noticed and liked it! It was on my to-do list when I found out about the soft sounds sample set, and I think it works well with this song.

Re-uploaded
Rolled
You fixed the song up well. Bubbled.
Echo

chan wrote:

Also, you forgot to remind me to cut down that 18 note combo!
I didn't :P

Any last minute changes?

edit: ranking it now