forum

E3 2009

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Loginer
Discuss. I'll sum up the big conferences in this post.

Microsoft
  1. Left 4 Dead 2. Valve's logo is nowhere to be seen, though. It's being developed by Valve. PC version also confirmed. Release date: 17th of November.
  2. Splinter Cell: Conviction gameplay.
  3. Stuff we've all seen already, like The Beatles: Rock Band and Tony Hawk: Ride.
  4. Metal Gear Solid: Rising. PS3 fanboys could be heard crying from a domain away.
  5. Videos of Forza 3, Alan Wake gameplay. Oh, and Halo.
  6. Metroidvania being developed by Epic called Shadow Complex.
  7. Assorted faggotry such as Last.fm, Facebook and Twitter to hit the 360 soon. Oh, and TV channels.
  8. EyeToy-like thing announced with awesome voice and body movement recognition. Also announced is an AI thing called Project Natal, which lets you interact with a virtual kid. If it works as well as it looks, we're one step closer to inventing Skynet.
EA
  1. Shovelware.
  2. OH GOD THEY HAVE A WHOLE SUBLABEL FOR GAMES TARGETED AT LITTLE GIRLS.
  3. Dante's Inferno, Need for Speed: Shift, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age: Origins, Fight Night Round 4. MMA game announced.
  4. Online games announced. Also, the "It's in the game" guy is awesome.
  5. Shovelware.
  6. Grand Slam Tennis promotion. Basically Nintendo '06 in disguise.
  7. Gameplay of a new third-person shooter, The Saboteur.
  8. Brütal Legend, Crysis 2, All Points Bulletin, Star Wars: The Old Republic.
Ubisoft
Haven't seen it yet, but from what I can gather...
  1. Trailers of Splinter Cell: Conviction, Rabbids Go Home and Assassin's Creed 2.
  2. Shovelware.

Nintendo
  1. Shovelware, crappy games and numbers.
  2. Golden Sun DS announced. Seems to be in 3D with a few sprites mixed in.
  3. New Super Mario Bros. Wii announced.
  4. Super Mario Galaxy 2. No further comment necessary.
  5. Games we've already seen.
  6. New Metroid game co-developed by Team Ninja announced. Unclear if it will involve beach sports.
  7. Mildly entertaining faces.
Sony
  1. Gameplay of MAG and Uncharted 2. Uncharted 2 multiplayer beta to be released tonight (3rd of June).
  2. Shovelware.
  3. Redesign of PSP officially announced, PSP Go.
  4. Gameplay video of Gran Turismo PSP.
  5. New Metal Gear for the PSP, Peace Walker.
  6. Resident Evil Portable annouced for the PSP.
  7. New PS3 exclusive announced: Agent.
  8. Assassin's Creed 2 gameplay, Final Fantasy 13 trailer.
  9. Final Fantasy 14 announced. It's an MMORPG.
  10. Yet another damn motion controller, this one based on video tracking.
  11. Gameplay of Mod Nation Racers, a kart racer with a level editor.
  12. The Last Guardian announced, a new game from Team Ico.
  13. Gran Turismo 5 trailer, God of War 3 gameplay.
lukewarmholiday
In other news Activision Blizzard sucks shit.
LuigiHann
Monkey Island is back!
LucasArts, as rumored, are making an HD version of the original game, with hand-drawn 2D graphics and full voice-overs (starring at least the same voice for Guybrush as the last couple games)

Check out the video here: http://www.lucasarts.com/games/monkeyisland/

Perhaps more interestingly, Telltale Games (who made the new Sam & Max series, the Strong Bad games, and the current Wallace and Gromit games) are making a new Monkey Island series as well! (Also starring the real Guybrush voice!)

More info here: http://www.telltalegames.com/monkeyisland The trailer there isn’t too good, but the concept art is nice, and the “Team” page has some impressive credentials on it. Ron Gilbert was also consulted.

Finally, on a not-exciting-pirate-news note, the Beatles: Rock Band trailer looks great. Seems like a lot of song-specific effects are going into it, which is great.
Beatles: Rock Band trailer: http://www.thebeatlesrockband.com/trailer.php
Topic Starter
Loginer

Looks like it's being made by Valve, after all.
Edit: High-quality trailer here.
Neo@lex
I knew it was by valve the moment I saw the "fuck you" hand in the trailer. Microsoft would have had it do the peace sign.
adam2046
Crackdown 2 aparrently?

Anyway if they fix the things that were awful in the first game I'd buy it.
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
If MGS:R is a 360 exclusive I'm gonna have to borrow a 360.
xerxes_oli
isnt square enix gonna anounce anything?
Soaprman
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
adam2046
Didn't you hear?
It was made DSiWare exclusive.
eee
K2J
awp
Topic Starter
Loginer

K2J wrote:

Loginer wrote:

Microsoft
  1. Metroidvania being developed by Epic called Shadow Complex.
You had me there for a moment; I thought there was actually a game called that.

(Also, this should probably be in Other Games, rigiht?)
Learn to read. Also, E3 is not a game.
LuigiHann

Loginer wrote:

Also, E3 is not a game.
It's about games, though.
Topic Starter
Loginer

Joystiq wrote:

Not interested in being friends with an 8-year-old boy? Molyneux said there will also be a "Millie" – a female equivalent. Whichever gender you choose, Milo (or Millie!) will form a relationship with you and, if you so choose, other members of your family.
Oh dear.
K2J
Neo@lex
RemmyX25
Seriously, im prolly going to save the log of our discussion of the Nintendo Conference.

But yea. Prolly writing about it tonight.
show more