forum

songs in subfolders not getting opened by osu! [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TheDutchman
Ive made subfolders, one per songpack.
If I download a new song, have it in, osu/songs, osu sees it and lets me play it.
then I place that song in a subfolder. Run osu again but then the problem happens.
It still finds the songs, atleast the title, and when i hover over it, it starts initializing songs, and jumps to a different song.

So I've downloaded a new song, let osu unpack it, initialize ALLl the songs, so it knows the song paths have changed, or at least that's what i thought would solve the problem. but osu still cant play those songs put in subfolders..

anyone has any idea how to solve this ?

Yes i know you can put all songs in osu/songs, and then it probably plays all those songs.
but I want those songs in subfolders, which should work, and has more structure to it than having thousands of songs stuffed together in a single folder.

Edit*

being the big impatient person I am sometimes I used a different method.

I moved the entire songs folder, out of the OSU! folder.
ran osu, letting it detect 0 songs.
put back all the songs.
ran osu again, let it find all songs, and strangely enough. It actually worked.

so the problem is solved.

even though it should of have been resolved by osu itself without me having to use the method previously mentioned.
mattyu007
If your songs aren't getting recognized, press F5 to refresh the local database, although this shouldn't be necessary anymore