forum

[Archived] Auto is slow on Sliders.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mike900
It hits notes easy, but ALWAYS slows down on sliders and has to catch up later. It's annoying when i'm watching. Help?
Derekku
Already reported multiple times :D
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gabi
for now you will have to turn off frame limiter to watch replays etc. untill it gets fixed
anonymous_old

Gabi wrote:

for now you will have to turn off frame limiter to watch replays etc. untill it gets fixed
I always have the frame limiter off and suffer from lag. Apparently 1000 FPS isn't good enough.
peppy
Strangely enough I can't replicate this. Are you guys using d3d or opengl?
anonymous_old
D3D. Try a really slow long slider and you'll notice it inches across strangely.

I'll try testing with OGL.
Jarby
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
crystalsuicune
I had the same problem before,but turning on frame limiter will
solve it...
(I always used D-3D,by the way)
Gens
Holy S, it seems it also affects Tag play.

I've only suffered from this using Double Time though.
Hope it gets fixed soon.
anonymous_old
Does this video illustrate the problem?

(Also shows another bug where auto misses the first beat.)
Kitsunemimi
Apparently, The sliders try to cram in so many frames that it lags. That's what I think anyways. Perhaps there's this thing with sliders that auto wants to look like it's being smooth by putting out to many frames. When I turn on frame limiter, it automatically kills all those extra frames and lag is reduced. The same goes for spinners. Whenever a spinner is created, it wants to be smooth and fade in properly, which takes up too much time especially when there are spinners all clumped up. One spinner has to render out before the next and then it just all lags. It kinda looks this way anyways.
FurukawaPan
Check this map: (U.N. Owen was her) ^^;;;
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/21010

It clearly demonstrates a bug in auto where some of the sliderball animation is deliberately skipping over many frames, some sliders show the slider ball moving smoothly, others drop many frames. The jerky sliders all move along smoothly when actually playing the map.

Next: Wizards of winter
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/296

This map (on [Impossible]) Has an extremely clear demonstration of auto failing miserably to render spinners in rapid succession)

Check it out. (2nd 1/2 half of the song).

Again, this lag does not occur if you actually play the map. Only on auto.