forum

A Little Problem With the Updater

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
YesterdayCologne
Hello, I just had a little problem with the program.

I ran the program from a new folder and the updater started, but it won't load anything...I had it run for an hour and it is still trying to download bass.dll. Is this how it is supposed to do? Or is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for your help. ^^
peppy
At the moment, the server providing updates occasionally freezes on a file. If this occurs, you can resolve the issue by closing the updater and opening it once again.If you still can't seem to get it going, it *could* be an antivirus program blocking the download of certain filetypes... though I very much doubt this.

The update process itself takes under 10 minutes even on the slowest net connection, and you will see the progress bar moving while it is updating.

Don't hesitate to post again if you are still having trouble!
[deleted user]
This happened to me as well, it turned out to be my firewall (AVG Pro 7.5). Although i allowed the program to access the internet i had to deactivate my firewall to download everything properly.
peppy
That's quite strange.. the updater uses the Internet Explorer backend to download files - so as long as you allow port 80 traffic, it should work fine (unless it is limiting on a per-application basis - in which case you would have to add this to the exceptions list).
[deleted user]
yeh i think i got it fixed with a bit of tinkering with the firewall. I like the game bdw! :D
defiance
Lel necro