forum

Beatmaps...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kitsunemimi
Okay, first, I'm not really sure if this should go under beatmap help/WIPS, but I decided to post here; move if required. Also, beatmap help/WIPs is mainly just the WIPs so I don't really think that this topic would really fit in...
ANYWAYZ, I was wondering, is there any specific limit to how many billions of beatmaps's we're allowed to submit? Because it doens't say anywhere on the site, except for subscriptions in which they say there's limit of 8 beatmaps. But, well, that isn't really true because people like DJPop have 20+ beatmaps. I have a feeling that it's outdated and someone needs to update the subscriptions page, and the-the.... THE HALP PAGES. If there's any problems not fully answered but the halp pages, then there should be a help forum here right? Within the help forum will go rules which are also missing from the forums.
But back to my subject. There doesn't appear to be any limit to beatmaps, but what if we want to remove them? There's no delete button anywhere on the forums. So yea, a couple of random problems that I found, please somebody reply.
Starrodkirby86
You're misunderstanding our little Beatmap submission system.

Your limit of beatmaps is only for PENDING ones. When they're Ranked or Graveyarded, they do not count towards this limit. I believe the limit for regular users is 5, but I can't recall if there's going to be changes making it 6 (Probably not). Subscribed users can have 8 Pending Beatmaps at once.

A map might as well be considered deleted or gone once it reaches the Graveyard. Yes, there's probably a feature that can remove something in the BSS, but this would break the limit system. Why? Well, deleting one of your Pending Beatmaps would allow more room for another beatmap. Crappy users can easily distribute crap maps this way. The limitation system is to prevent such massive crap from coming (Or massive anything really).

I think the system is fine as it is.
anonymous_old
Normal users (without osu!direct) may have at most 2 + (number of ranked maps) maps pending, at a maximum of five maps.

Subscribers may have (I think) 3 + (number of ranked maps) maps pending, at a maximum of eight maps.

Graveyarded maps do not affect how many pending maps can have.
mattyu007
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old

mattyu007 wrote:

Bancho FAQ wrote:

[16:46] .:matty-don:. !faq cap
[16:46] .:BanchoBot:. All osu! users have a maximum number of unranked beatmaps they are allowed to have.
[16:46] .:BanchoBot:. Depending on how many ranked maps you have, you are allowed between 2 and 5 unranked maps (calculated as 2 + min(3, countOfRankedMaps)).
[16:46] .:BanchoBot:. Only maps in Pending and Help forums are counted. The cap is in place to help control the flow of new beatmaps and to keep mappers more dedicated to their existing maps.
[16:46] .:BanchoBot:. Subscribers have a larger cap and are allowed between 3 and 8 unranked maps (calculated as 3 + min(5, countOfRankedMaps)).
Meaning:
Regular Users
2 + # of Ranked Maps OR 5, whichever is lower

Subscribers
3 + # of Ranked Maps OR 8, whichever is lower

Ranked Maps and Graveyarded Maps do not count towards the limit

Should've just asked on irc?
I tried every !faq except this one.

x_x
RemmyX25
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
K2J
In my experience, it's too hard to manage too many Pending maps at once, anyway. I could potentially see someone reaching 8 if they're extremely prolific, the maps were short, and/or they were popular enough to sustain modding on the maps.

I am of course none of those things, so I end up with around 3 at a time, even though I have several offline WIPs.
Topic Starter
Kitsunemimi
Woohoo!!
Thx BanchoBot! Now all we need is a rules and a general help forum!