forum

Lemon Demon - The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NT1996
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, June 28, 2009 at 10:14:20 AM

Artist: Lemon Demon
Title: The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny
BPM: 114
Filesize: 9824kb
Play Time: 03:30
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.24 stars, 362 notes)
Download: Lemon Demon - The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny
Download: Lemon Demon - The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
The timing and video was form RatherDashing42's song.
I just mapped a HARDER version.

EDIT: I saw some people looking at my map.
I just want people to reply on how they like this map.

EDIT 6/28/09: Changed BPM and offset (thanks Ash)
Now the beatmap is timed correctly. I will add Shinde's review later.
Mythirion_old
This beatmap definitely has potential. If one of the more experienced members could take a look at this, they'd tell you what you need, but seeing as my currently WIP/Help beatmap can't even get looked at, let alone getting help with... I'm not experienced to tell you what you need. Why not ask a BAT in IRC to check it out?
Topic Starter
NT1996
Thanks for the suggestion.
I will do that.
Shinde
Lame.

This has been mapped and ranked before. This would be fine with me if you hadn't just taken the same exact mp3, video, and BPM/Offset and slapped your name on a new difficulty. =\ Well whatever I guess.

00:09:96 (2) - And on. Boring pattern. Essentially straight line quarter notes for like 20 beats.
00:42:59 - Note.
01:12:33 (8) - This overlap is confusing.
01:13:91 (2,3,4) - Kinda ugly.
00:26:28 (11) - Unrankable slider. It overlaps itself.
01:16:28 (7) - Goes off the map/screen.
01:37:85 (1) - This whole combo's spacing is completely wrong.
01:58:91 (1) - Increase spacing for this whole section? Cramped. Sliders aren't aligned properly throughout this whole section. They should be stacked, or spaced further apart. Not like 2 grids from each slider's endpoint.
02:57:86 (1) - Use Control + C while highlighting a slider and Ctrl + H/J to flip it. The next slider doesn't match up with this one and it looks dumb, and is very noticeable. Copy it, then flip it.
03:02:07 (1) - ^ See Above.
02:59:97 (3) - The spacing is wrong for this. There are off beats. Use Distance Snap instead of just putting the notes x grid spaces away no matter what beat it goes to.
03:04:18 (3) - ^

You didn't put hitsounds for all of the song. There are none if I'm not mistaken for the entire last 1/3 of it.

Edit:

I forgot to say. Overall was kinda boring. The patterns I mean. Hitsounds were meh cause they weren't done. On the brightside, for your first mapping despite everything I've said above it wasn't bad. Some people eff their first map up in unbelievable proportions. I still disapprove though. Finding your first BPM and offset is really a learning experience. At least you used the grid and D-spacing for the most part.
Topic Starter
NT1996
Yes! First Star!
Btw, shinde sounds like "die" in Japanese.
Starrodkirby86
~

[Hard]:
00:15:75 (7) - Spacing inconsistency.
00:56:01 (1,2) - Either this needs another new combo...
01:54:96 (1,1) - Or this needs a new combo removed.
02:07:33 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - If I were really picky I would stack these oh so perfect. :V (No need to fix...I believe)
02:28:39 (3,4) - Make it look a bit cleaner here, like more stacked or something.
02:59:97 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - This spacing is a bit confusing for people not used to the song. It's similar to the old 2007 ick-spacing.
03:04:18 (3,4,5,6) - Same as above.

This is an example of a map that can follow the guidelines for something to be ranked, but nothing extraordinary. It's simply of trail of circles with some cool etna sliders here and there...An easy amount of points to get with such little effort. Creativity is what really makes a map fun.

Add a background. Do a full resubmission when you do.

I recommend you lower the hitsound volume. You should add some more hitsounds too.

This song has so much potential to be very fun! It's up to you interpreting it.

This isn't a bad first map however. I recommend in some times later to use Distance Snap to make evenly spaced beats, so such inconsistent spacings won't be arising. Your intuitive spacing is good, but too safe. Risks are sometimes what makes a map fun as well.

I'll star this after you get this WIP done...

If this post helped you out, please give kudosu! To do so, just click "Give Kudosu" underneath my avatar and contact information. (You should also give some to Shinde)
ash
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Shinde

NT1996 wrote:

Yes! First Star!
Btw, shinde sounds like "die" in Japanese.
Actually it does mean that. 'Shinde iru - To die.' I used it on some game and it stuck so most people I know call me Shin. Also, sorry if I seemed snappy. Take a read through all the mod posts you got and I'll come check it out again. See if you can spruce things up a bit and I'll give it a star no problem. Try to consider what you think is fun in a beatmap when you're making one, be creative.
blissfulyoshi
Turn down hitsound volume. It is overpowering.

This map has a lot of spacing issues:
Here is a few examples of some of the types you did:
00:01:04 (1,2) -
00:37:36 (6,7) -
01:20:51 (8,1) -
02:59:99 (3,4,5,6,7,8) -

Please use distance snap to fix this.

Besides the spacing problems:
00:32:62 (1,2,3) - I don't like how the 300s from the previous combo make this combo hard to read
01:16:30 (7) - offscreen

Also, pls add a bg and if you want this ranked.
Keep on editing and add your new diff. Then ask more ppl to mod and this map can be successful.
Huskatron
why dont you have mt1 diff on this map? i can make you an insane, no i will make you an insane

~star~
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.