forum

They Might Be Giants - Stomp Box

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mogsy
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, August 08, 2010 at 9:40:36 PM

Artist: They Might Be Giants
Title: Stomp Box
Tags: alternative john henry
BPM: 140.12
Filesize: 2946kb
Play Time: 01:48
Difficulties Available:
  1. Average (2.98 stars, 107 notes)
  2. Intense (4.98 stars, 171 notes)
Download: They Might Be Giants - Stomp Box
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
KILL KILL KILL KILL
KILL ME NOW
FREE THE DEMON
HEAR THE CEASELESS SCREAMING
LITTLE STOMP BOX
TEAR IT FROM MY HEAAAAAART
Larto
I didn't just revive this.
Topic Starter
Mogsy
You sure did.

Also first map of mine in Pending since December 2009, holy crap
Bestelle
Dem sliders~<3
Shohei Ohtani
I'll mod this when I feel like it.

Just in case I forget, I'll throw this on here.
James2250
I would lower the audio on your notes significantly, in my opinion they overpower the song too much atm

Average:
slightly high hp drain for the easiest difficulty
01:14:682 (1) - completely hidden repeat
01:44:637 (1,1,1,1) - again all hidden repeats, although it doesn't look too bad its not allowed
although I prefer to see smooth sliders I guess those are ok
I would make a few more slider patterns in this as some seem to be repeated too much

Intense:
too much of the same patterns for my liking, might want to try mixing it up more? I mean so much of the map looks exactly the same or just rotated somehow Will think about all the effort that goes into making a map before I comment in future :P
although I don't particularly like all the whistles on the sliders no errors that I see

Anyway not bad maps I just think could be more creative
*star*

EDIT:
I do agree that the song itself it very repetitive so I suppose its good that the map matches that in its own way
anyway didn't mean to be too harsh on the map or anything :P *runs*
Topic Starter
Mogsy
Volume:
Agreed. Fixed.

Average:
It's good HP drain for a 'normal'. Whatever. Lowered by 1.
I completely forgot about pattern variety for this one while I was drunkmapping, so fixed.

Intense:
Here's the thing, the song itself is repetitive. The variation doesn't exist rhythmically and I'm not going to bullshit anything. Grid-pattern-wise, I do offer enough variation to keep it interesting. The copy-pasted parts are sort of the way of remaining consistent. Think of it as a way of coming back home to a single home point after a series of variations. Disregard most of this I was being a stubborn dumbass

But anyway, I'm going to fix that, anyway. A few variations never hurt anyone, I guess.

Thanks for the mod.

Also, fixed a few alignment issues I had.

EDORT: Uploaded my changed grid patterns for Intense. Now I'm actually more pleased with myself for fixing up a 15-month-old-map.
dvorak_old
good map.

never heard this song but nice song too :)

MOGSYEDIT: Kudosu given due to huge timing help, thank you.
ztrot
no kudos but that offset felt 5-10 ms late tho you probly fixed it just posting so you know i care :p
Cuddlebun
helloooo have a starrrr
Topic Starter
Mogsy

ztrot wrote:

no kudos but that offset felt 5-10 ms late tho you probly fixed it just posting so you know i care :p
It's been fixed, so yeah :U
AdRon Zh3Ro
Hmm, i think everything is right here...
ztrot
love <3
Takuma
This map is awesome.

ps girl holding hammer so kawaiiiiii~~~
Jarby
That ending was cruel, Mogsy!
Shohei Ohtani
User Rating:

* Currently 7.06/10

7.1/10 (18 votes)

Well piss.
rockit_old
I've played this 2 hours on hidden, but I don't geht more points as normal >.< (Taiko)
Lesjuh

CDFA wrote:

User Rating:

* Currently 7.06/10

7.1/10 (18 votes)

Well piss.
It's all sliders and then a spaced out pattern. I don't consider this map good. It's been a while but you can do much better than that Mogs :/

Edit: Or 'could', didn't notice how old this map was
Topic Starter
Mogsy
Yeah, I've done much better and could have done this much better. I mostly wanted to get this one out of the way.

Also if the spaced-out part was such a huge problem, then somebody should've pointed it out while modding. :C This is /why/ we have modding, people.