forum

David Seville - Witch Doctor

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Popo_old
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, 19 April 2008 at 6:23:43 PM

Artist: David Seville
Title: Witch Doctor
BPM: 136
Filesize: 2868kb
Play Time: 02:37
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (3.51 stars, 251 notes)
Download: David Seville - Witch Doctor
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My first beatmap! And my first post too! Please ignore the random picture in the background. It's completed, but I want to know if there's anything that can be improved.
Tapdancingmetroid
Too many new beatmaps.... I can't give feedback on them all just by myself... D:

Anyway, the only real problem I see is that there are some pretty long combos. I recommend having less than 10 notes per combo.
Topic Starter
Popo_old
Bring Up My Post :P

I've decided to work on this again. Res plz? :3
Rolled
done.
Topic Starter
Popo_old
Thanks Rolled.

Anyone have any comments?
LuigiHann
Some beatmap mods should comment on this. I think it's a good map, but from a technical perspective I don't know?

Popo, you were talking on IRC about doing another difficulty, right? Well, a map like this just screams for an "insane" map where you have a beat for every syllable of the song :D
James
bpm and offset is kinda off at the middle ~ end of the song.
Topic Starter
Popo_old

James wrote:

bpm and offset is kinda off at the middle ~ end of the song.
Hmm? how so? Can you help then?

Also to Luigi; yeah I realise it would be extremely good to do an insane difficulty but I'm wanting to look for a easier one. I can't even beat my own creation without breaking a sweat @_@.
Sinistro
How about changing the offset to 13,683? It's a rather small change (~15 ms), but then again it only goes a little off at the end of the song otherwise, so I suppose it makes sense. A few things I noted:

- I haven't checked Beat Spacing, but the beginning of the green combo at 1:31:22 seems like it should be much closer to the end of the orange combo preceding it.

- At 2:08:38, the end of a slider falls right at the beginning of another on the timeline. It's not unplayable, but I'm not sure if it should appear in a Normal difficulty map.

- The song is originally by David Seville, but isn't the song you use in your beatmap the cover version by Cartoons?

- This is optional, but since the two circles of the orange combo overlap the beginning of the green slider at 1:17:21, a third circle could be placed at 1:16:99.

Very fun beatmap! I think it could fit pretty well in EBA2, if/when it gets made. It'd be great to see more difficulties for this.
Topic Starter
Popo_old

Sinistro wrote:

How about changing the offset to 13,683? It's a rather small change (~15 ms), but then again it only goes a little off at the end of the song otherwise, so I suppose it makes sense. A few things I noted:

- I haven't checked Beat Spacing, but the beginning of the green combo at 1:31:22 seems like it should be much closer to the end of the orange combo preceding it.

- At 2:08:38, the end of a slider falls right at the beginning of another on the timeline. It's not unplayable, but I'm not sure if it should appear in a Normal difficulty map.

- The song is originally by David Seville, but isn't the song you use in your beatmap the cover version by Cartoons?

- This is optional, but since the two circles of the orange combo overlap the beginning of the green slider at 1:17:21, a third circle could be placed at 1:16:99.

Very fun beatmap! I think it could fit pretty well in EBA2, if/when it gets made. It'd be great to see more difficulties for this.
Thanks for your tips! I'm starting to work on a harder difficulty but I'm having trouble concentration on it when there's so much things to do at the moment :o
mtmcl
You might want to check out the spacing near the middle to end of the song. There becomes less time between markers but the space stays.

Other than that, I too request a harder difficulty.

Looking good so far.
James
resu
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.