forum

Afromania - Minna no Peace

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Headbang
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, August 05, 2008 at 9:11:11 PM

Artist: Afromania
Title: Minna no Peace
BPM: 212
Filesize: 6059kb
Play Time: 02:29
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (4.03 stars, 209 notes)
  2. Hard (4.67 stars, 285 notes)
Download: Afromania - Minna no Peace
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This the second(some people say thrid) ED from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. As I did before, I want to make sure hard is well done before moving on to normal. This song has a bit of a misleading difficulty rating, because the speed is pretty brutal.

*Special thanks to upsilon for saving me about 10 minutes I would have spent timing*

EDIT:Fixed spacing issues and changed BPM/offset to kharls's suggestion.

EDIT 2:Aafter a very long hiatus, I went back to playing osu and now it's done.

EDIT 3: After another very long hiatus, it's done again.
EiJi
Slider @ 00.37.52: Ends quarter beat too early?

Triples @ 00.40.91: Space em further a bit.

Other spacing inconsistencies throughout the song. But the beat is fairly easy to get, so I don't think it's that big a deal.

Dunno about the timing... Some songs I just can't time, dunno why... So since I can't time it, I won't say whether it's good or not... But for the record, before I gave up, I was with the same offset and a BPM of 212.04. I am not saying that is the correct BPM.

I got many 100's and a few 50's, so it's playable. Starred.
Gunzil
Yeah, everything is great other than the timing issues. There were some sections when I started getting 100s and 50s, even when I was tapping in tune with the song. I'm not expert of BPMs, however, so I can't really be of much help for this issue.
Kharl
I pretty much agree with EiJi. Beat placement is good, except for some spacing inconsistencies. BPM and offset is a bit off. Here's my timing:

BPM - 212
Offset - 11,770

After you resnap the beats and recalculate the slider lengths, please check through the whole song again. Some beats may still off-sync and need to be adjusted manually. And while you doing that, try correcting the spacing inconsistency too.
Extor
Nice beatmap, this new version is great. I don't have anything to correct on it.

You should try to make an easier difficulty. =D
Topic Starter
Headbang
I'm doing that right now. I just wanted to affirm everything was okay with the other one first. It makes it easier later.
Echo
'd by me.

Since there are changes pending, dropping back to star.
// Echo
EiJi
Really wanna rank this, but oh well. I feel the slider speed for Normal mode is a bit too fast.

Also on hard mode, the slider @ 00.26.98 just feels so off. Spacing also seems to be a bit inconsistent, but if Echo didn't say anything about that, then it must be me.
chan
An ok map, not particularly enthusiastic about the song but meh.
For normal mode,

00:25:28 - I think the slider should be shifted forward by 1/4 of a beat
00:26:98 - shift forward by 1/4 and also shorten down by 1/4 of a beat.
00:41:56 - the spinner doesn't start and end on the beat, but I think it should!
01:38:66 - think you should lengthen the slider by 1/2 a beat
02:25:35 - shorten slider by 1/4 of a beat
Topic Starter
Headbang
Well I stopped coming here for ages, but this thing has been fixed now. Ready to be saved.
Topic Starter
Headbang
Thanks echo. :D
Topic Starter
Headbang
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LeMoonwalker
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Headbang
I thought the same way, it's just getting pretty annoying. Over 10 bumps feels excessive.
LuigiHann
This gets the official LuigiHann seal of "if there's something wrong with it, I didn't notice."

One minor thing, at 00:23:11 and at 1:17:23 there are gaps where you could insert a break so that people don't get hit by drain during the pause.

Good map overall.
LuigiHann
I guess this is strictly optional, but for the sake of using both sound options, you could throw in one of these files as a custom whistle. A clap sound would work well, especially during the chant-like sections of this song.

http://up.ppy.sh/files/normal-hitwhistle.wav or http://up.ppy.sh/files/xnormal-hitwhistle.wav (rename to remove the x if you use the second one)

And enable custom sounds in the audio menu of song setup.

I'll bubble this anyway, but I'd prefer that you do this, for the sake of future taiko.
Saturos

LuigiHann wrote:

This gets the official LuigiHann seal of "if there's something wrong with it, I didn't notice."
Oops.

Normal:

02:22:19 (5,6) - 1/4 beat early.
02:24:45 (5,6) - 1/4 beat early.

Hard:

01:05:49 (8) - 1/4 beat early.
01:24:67 (3,4) - Could use another 2 hit circles ibetween here if you feel like, since you mapped the rest of the vocals in this section. Up to you, though.
02:13:13 (7) - 1/4 beat early.

Dropping to star for now. ;x

Download: KOTOKO - bumpy-Jumpy! (MeLLoN) [fbs's Easy].osu
Topic Starter
Headbang
Fixed.
awp
what the hell Saturos are you not even going to scrutinize the timing

Offset is 11,820 (BPM of 212 is good)

Following time placements use updated offset of 11,820 for reference.

Normal:
02:00:92 (3,4,5) - beatspacing issue !!!
**If the fol
02:22:15 (5,6) - These notes feel a LOT better shifted a half beat forward to 02:22:29 so that they go with the vocals, which is what I caught on to going through it. (don't forget to beatspace if you change~)
02:24:48 (5,6) - These notes should be snapped to the whole notes to be in time.

Hard:
01:25:19 (4,5) - Resnap these two a quarter beat to the left.
01:26:46 (10) - to the whole beat
01:26:89 (11) - to 01:26:96
02:25:40 (1) - I recommend snapping the tail to the whole beat to not break flow
02:27:66 (1,2,3,4) - Watch the beatspacing here

Overall the map's pretty good though.
Saturos

awp wrote:

what the hell Saturos are you not even going to scrutinize the timing
Eh, I didn't have any trouble with it when I was doing my normal play throughs before edit, so I didn't even double check it.

I did apparently miss a lot of placing mistakes, though...hmmm..
show more