forum

Scribblenauts

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann
I am intrigued by that game, certainly.
Topic Starter
awp
First thing I'm gonna try to do is start my own The Village People band
foulcoon
I want this now.
adam2046
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Sinistro
If this game is half as good as they make it seem to be, it will still be great.
Loginer
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... tcount=217

Feep wrote:

I had played all the big titles at E3. Private showings of God of War III, Heavy Rain, Alan Wake. But at 4:00 on Thursday, I was wandering around the show floor, wondering what else I had to see. I saw a small little booth for "Scribblenauts!" in the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment section. I mean, who goes to that booth? But I remember hearing about it on GAF, and so I decided to check it out.

Best game of E3? Without a fucking doubt. Anyone who says otherwise did not play Scribblenauts. Best game of all time? Jesus Christ, I don't know, maybe. It's a game that challenges your IMAGINATION. No other game has ever done that.

So listen to this story. I was in the early levels; I didn't quite have an idea of how ridiculously in-depth the database was. I was summoning things like ladders, glasses of water, rayguns, what have you. But I reached a level with zombie robots, and the zombie robots kept killing me. Rayguns didn't work, a torch didn't work, a pickaxe didn't work. In my frustration, I wrote in "Time Machine". And one popped up. What the fuck? A smile dawned on my face. I hopped in, and the option was given to me to either travel to the past or the future. I chose past. When I hopped out, there were fucking dinosaurs walking around. I clicked one, and realized I could RIDE THEM. So I hopped on a fucking DINOSAUR, traveled back to the present, and stomped the shit out of robot zombies. Did you just read that sentence? Did you really? I FUCKING TRAVELED THROUGH TIME AND JUMPED ON A DINOSAUR AND USED IT TO KILL MOTHERFUCKING ROBOT ZOMBIES. This game is unbelievable. Impossible. There's nothing you can't do.

Holy fucking shit.
Game of the century.
adam2046
Screw game of the century this game just became...
The Game
(Fuck yeah!)

Now whenever someone mentions The Game I'm gong to assume they are talking about Scribblenaughts.
Loginer
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/05/hands ... bblenauts/

Joystiq wrote:

Andrew created a teleporter in an attempt to instantly apparate to the Starite -- instead, it took him to a medieval world where he was besieged by shadowy assassins. He tried distracting them with candy -- really, Andrew? -- then created a fairly anachronistic nuke. The nuke didn't detonate, however, so andrew created a laser rifle to take out the assassins. One of his lasers grazed the aforementioned WMD, and blew up the entire level.

Edit:
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/04/play- ... board-cat/

Joystiq wrote:

Get ready to declare your game of the show after the break. You'll forget all about Splinter Creed or whatever once you see the player character, sitting in a mech, next to a mecha, watching 5TH Cell's creative director breakdance to the musical stylings of ... Keyboard Cat.

Mashley
Can I summon women's underwear?
lukewarmholiday
Jinxy
:D
EEeee
Topic Starter
awp
I think this is one of those download and buy games.
Two_old
YoshiKart
Support the company!
LuigiHann

Two wrote:

why would you buy something if you've already downloaded it
To encourage people to keep making good games.

I still have an unopened copy of Phoenix Wright 3 for that reason
Topic Starter
awp

LuigiHann wrote:

I still have an unopened copy of Phoenix Wright 3 for that reason
Ditto that for TWEWY.
Sinistro
Download it so you can play it asap (especially if you live in Europe like me), buy it to show your appreciation for those who make awesome games. Money well spent, etc. Heck, buy it for someone else.
Nachy
Supporting the company is always a good thing so yeah if you have the money, buy it, the company always needs the extra fees to keep on making more great games.

On topic to the game.

This is one of the most awesome ideas for a puzzle game ever, so gonna get it.
show more