forum

ponkichi - PPBQ [OsuMania]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AutotelicBrown
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, November 20, 2021 at 6:49:24 PM

Artist: ponkichi
Title: PPBQ
Source: BOFXVI
Tags: パリピちょっと黙って party people be quiet THE BMS OF FIGHTERS XVI -NEO DYSTOPIA- TEQUILA SUNSET カクテルラウンジこゆぽ Cocktail Lounge KoYuPo warukichi ponkichi_minoura Video Game Electronic Instrumental
BPM: 152
Filesize: 21076kb
Play Time: 02:11
Difficulties Available:
  1. Advanced - 4Key (1.97 stars, 660 notes)
  2. Hard - 4Key (2.64 stars, 937 notes)
  3. Hyper - 4Key (3.48 stars, 1249 notes)
  4. Meccha Emoi... - 4Key (3.9 stars, 1397 notes)
  5. Normal - 4Key (1.72 stars, 469 notes)
Download: ponkichi - PPBQ
Download: ponkichi - PPBQ (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

I strongly recommend downloading with video or watching it here, unless you want to miss a cute dog!

Don't trust SR too much or you might actually feel meccha emoi...

This song is my favorite from BOFXVI (and I say that having listened to literally all submissions), so I'm very happy to finally have a map set ready for it.

Thanks to Jole for vectorizing the video's end for the BG image. He also maps, so check his work out if you are into some hard rice. Also thanks to Komirin and Randome League of Legends for the feedback on the map.

The video was made by the artist ぽんきち (ponkichi) himself. You can check his work on SoundCloud and his personal page. If you liked this song in particular, there's also a long version released on the GroundbreakinG 2020 album.

Mapping commentary for nerds
Following from ANGEL HALO, I continue with my journey making difficulty spreads for my existing relatively hard files.

In this set, mapping the solo for the easiest difficulty was the most interesting challenge. You can't reasonably ignore the main voice because the other instruments aren't really doing much, so I was really forced to expand my simplification vocabulary to make it work within the difficulty restrictions.

Other than that there isn't much to say other than that I really love the song and I ended up spending more time than usual playtesting (if you can even call it testing at this point haha).