forum

Save Slider [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Larto
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gabi
yea i would also like to save a Note so i can copy and paste this note in my other beatmaps, cause i use alot of notes in my other beatmaps...

No but i agree with Larto, saving sliders would be nice since there are alot of people using slider arts

+1

Edit: also you dont have to quote my first post and call me an ass it was a JOKE ok?
Edit2: also you dont need to be original and actually quote me and call me an ass cause of my first edit, or this edit.
anonymous_old

Gabi wrote:

yea i would also like to save a Note so i can copy and paste this note in my other beatmaps, cause i use alot of notes in my other beatmaps...
You're an ass.

Gabi wrote:

Edit: also you dont have to quote my first post and call me an ass it was a JOKE ok?
Too late.

Gabi wrote:

Edit2: also you dont need to be original and actually quote me and call me an ass cause of my first edit, or this edit.
Too late.

I like this idea. Something like preset sliders. It'd basically be a copy-paste of the line from the .osu file so it should be pretty simple to implement. Naming sliders, especially with previews, would be awesome.

The only issue I can see is slider velocity. This can be fixed for some patterns by adding a linear node or something but it'd be nice to scale the slider pattern to compensate for the change in slider velocity.
Gabi
yea the slider couldn't be the same if the bpm is different either, it would get shorter/longer + the velocity
Ryuukun
After i heard this idea i had crazy machines in my mind.
if crazy machines would be the osu editor,
then the red marked bar could be the slider bar.
My idea is to open it up like the chat and have a slider preview.
mm201
^ Looks like TIM. :)

+1 support. A kind of a "slider palette" collapsible menu seems the way to go.

Of course, the sliders would look kind of lame if dropped into a map with different slider speeds. (<- unless)
vytalibus
... Why not just use a copy-paste method?
Jarby
Slider templates that snap to the BPM used, with a 'favourites' section. I like.
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann
anonymous_old

LuigiHann wrote:

But when I think about it a little bit, it might be a nice feature to have, because the palette sliders would probably be less ugly than the sliders that a lot of mappers make. So I don't know. Maybe add a submenu to the slider curve type selection, allowing for premade types like "half-circle" and "wave," which could then be stretched or whatever but would remain pretty and well-proportioned.
Paired with scaling in the editor I think this would work great.

Sure, many maps need custom sliders, but sometimes it's nice to have a perfect circle or an S-shaped one which is symmetrical. I've had to make these myself and it's kinda annoying getting it perfect, but I would love to share my effort with others.
mm201

LuigiHann wrote:

My initial reaction to this was "ew, make your own sliders, you lazy bastards." And then my second thought was that sliders would become too generic and similar across different maps.
Good mappers will make their own sliders anyway, then add them to the palette.

Bad mappers will ... well, you said it. ;)

It's time-saving, and I'm perfectionist and when I want certain sliders to look the same, I don't like it when they even look slightly different. I also spend tons of time making them symmetrical & stuff, and this is time I'd like to reclaim.
ToRMeNToR_84

LuigiHann wrote:

My initial reaction to this was "ew, make your own sliders, you lazy bastards." And then my second thought was that sliders would become too generic and similar across different maps.

But when I think about it a little bit, it might be a nice feature to have, because the palette sliders would probably be less ugly than the sliders that a lot of mappers make. So I don't know. Maybe add a submenu to the slider curve type selection, allowing for premade types like "half-circle" and "wave," which could then be stretched or whatever but would remain pretty and well-proportioned.

But overall I'm pretty "meh" on this idea.

This is a great idea!!! Have some kind of Slider presets list with a variety of shapes. Honestly its not because I am lazy, but more because I just don't seem to have the creativity with sliders as I do with Hit sounds and hit circles. And as some said, symmetry becomes less tedious. And you can always just design your own if you hate the presets. No harm done to anyone.
YoshiKart
anonymous_old
Mm, why not extend this to use hit circle patterns, too?

And maybe storyboards as YoshiKart hinted.
ToRMeNToR_84
Gens

ToRMeNToR_84 wrote:

Think about it. If we start presetting everything in the game, won't everybodies maps look the same after a while? Maybe not the hardcore mappers since they've got great mapping skills. But the new mappers might all be using the same presets resulting in BAT's being bored of modding the same old patterns, making their 'job' that much more tedious.....thus giving them another reason to Mod well known mappers before new comers.
Modding random anime openings is boring enough already... I don't see why the same sliders would be a problem. :|
What I'm saying is that newcomers maps already look the same.

As for the feature, +1
Topic Starter
Larto

Gens wrote:

Modding random anime openings is boring enough already...
QFT

But seriously, if you think THIS feature is not a good idea, we probably shouldn't have copy + paste either. Since copypasta is JUST like this. It's GOOD if you know how to use it. Bad mappers will abuse the Save Slider function just like they abuse the copypaste function. If you're creative, the Save Slider function will help you to map even better, if you're NOT creative, you'll use the Save Slider function to make your maps, that probably are already bad due to lack of creativity, just worse, until you learn how to be creative.

Also, bump.
Kitsunemimi

vytalibus wrote:

... Why not just use a copy-paste method?
Why not use a copy-paste method where the notes actually represent [notepad] text data. Basically what I mean is that it copies as text. You can plop it somewhere and it'll end up as it is coded in the .osu file. Then you can take that code later, and paste into the window and it'll be there. This would work normally for regular copying and pasting within the window and it would work for literally anything.
Sleep Powder
Fact : I am bad at making perfect sliders

I barely try to make all of them perfect because it is just too hard...
Saving Sliders = Genius
Or a guide on how to make nicer sliders would be nice...
show more