forum

[Archived] Slider bug?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Takalyse
http://i39.tinypic.com/2ib18y9.jpg

Not really sure how this happened to be honest, I was making a slider, did something, and this happened. Also for some reason when I make a slider or a spinner it won't let me move it on the timeline (thing on the top) like you can do with normal circles (is it supposed to be like that? if so, then it's annoying and hard to get sliders/spinners on the right beat). When I reset osu! it's fixed, but this happens to me often since I struggle with trying to get sliders to get on beat. Also, if you start playing the song (press the play button on the bottom) it'll still do the ball rolling animation but with no sound and no slider icons. If this isn't a bug and just me messing up then you'll have to excuse me, I'm just now starting beatmapping and I'm not really used to it yet.
anonymous_old
We really need to know how to reproduce this to be able to do anything.

You say it happens often? Write down each thing you do (or maybe record a video with mouse clicks and keyboard clicks) and send us the results (i.e. the sequence of events which trigger the bug).
Topic Starter
Takalyse
Sorry I've tried everything I used to do and couldn't replicate it. It's almost like as soon as I posed this, it just stops doing that. All I remember is when I made a slider it would glitch up when I tried to move it on the timeline, so I'd try to delete it and the star path would still be there.
Starrodkirby86
Hm...Perhaps this was similar to the same problem I had back in...Uh...November I think?

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=7426&p=60872

Never got resolved, but I never had that problem again after a few updates...:/

Just keep trying to make sliders in another way perhaps...Like left click to make slider points, then right click to end it, without any hassles. :/
Topic Starter
Takalyse
Found out how to do it:

1) Start a slider, left click your beginning, then left click your end. (Do not end it by right-clicking, only left-click the end once)
2) Press ctrl+Z.
3) Left click anywhere on screen (the star path will go toward there).
4) Right-click
5) Delete the slider (you don't have to do this part, it messes up after the ctrl+Z doing this just shows what I had in my SS)