forum

Opening chat crashes the game

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
wiicademan
Up until a few minutes ago, pressing F8 would open up the chat window normally. But when I did that today, it instantly crashed the game and popped up with the "An error has occured :o" window. I tried pressing both F8 and F9, but every time I did it, the game crashed. Here's the code stuff it told me to post:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at osu.Online.IRC.JoinChannels()
at osu.Chat.ChatEngine.Toggle()
at osu.Chat.ChatEngine.GameBase_OnKeyRepeat(Object sender, Keys k, Boolean first)
at osu.GameBase.RepeatKeyEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, Keys k, Boolean first)
at osu.GameBase.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
at osu.Program.Main()
DoomsDay1990
I think it's mainly problem with the chat server since when I was playing earlier today the chat window was working at first, but then it suddenly would no longer connect to chat. Then when I tried playing just now I got the same error you got when I tried to open the chat window. I have also noticed that other people are having the same problem based on some of the other bug report posts. However I also think this is a bug within the game since it shouldn't crash just because it can't connect to the chat server.
peppy
I cant promise anything but tentatively I should get back to osu! development on the 4th or 5th of jan. This will be the first thing I look at. Until then, feel free to grab an irc client and join @ irc://ppy.sh channel #osu