forum

Tips inside osu!

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli
When you open osu! a random tip will appear.

How about adding a "Show next tip" button, so that players can read them all or.. at least till they feel like doing so?

Thx~

Edit: Will be hard to find a spot for this icon to appear. Login design might be affected. Any ideas?
anonymous_old
I say no, because I don't really need any of the tips because I know how to play. Even when I was a newbie I could figure most things out with barely any help from the tips.
Real1
I support this for the newbies. <3
Ryuukun
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gabi

Ryuukun wrote:

These tips say nothing you can't find in the FAQ
trust me there is a LAAAAAAAAARGEEEEEEEE amount of people taht has not read the FAQ

im neutral on this tho
Lesjuh
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Wizard Of Orz

lesjuh wrote:

When I use BSD 1/8 THIS FUCKING MESSAGE POPS UP SAYING I GOTTA BE A EXPERIENCED MAPPER TO USE BSD 1/8, IT'S FUCKING ANNOYING AND IT DOESN'T GO AWAY!!! SOMEONE PLZ STOP IT!!! AND I AM AN EXPERIENCED MAPPER!!!
i know. this degrades my soul of mapping~
LuigiHann
Maybe there could be a key you can press for next tip, rather than an onscreen button.
qlum
I find tips on screen annoying even if I'm new to this game so support -1
Gens

qlum wrote:

I find tips on screen annoying even if I'm new to this game so support -1
How can they be annoying? >.>

LuigiHann wrote:

Maybe there could be a key you can press for next tip, rather than an onscreen button.
I like it, there should be a message like "Press [Key] to show next tip!" or something.

lesjuh wrote:

When I use BSD 1/8 THIS FUCKING MESSAGE POPS UP SAYING I GOTTA BE A EXPERIENCED MAPPER TO USE BSD 1/8, IT'S FUCKING ANNOYING AND IT DOESN'T GO AWAY!!! SOMEONE PLZ STOP IT!!! AND I AM AN EXPERIENCED MAPPER!!!
Maybe make a system like, when you have more than 3 ranked maps, the message isn't shown anymore?

strager wrote:

I say no, because I don't really need any of the tips because I know how to play. Even when I was a newbie I could figure most things out with barely any help from the tips.
Well that's just you. I also didn't need any tips or help, but 95% of the people in osu! DOES need help. (Trust me, I've tried getting some friends onto osu!, but they don't know anything about the game ~_~)
awp

lesjuh wrote:

It's not a problem. It used to be a problem, when it was an alert dialog that actually impaired you momentarily, but a brief text alpha is nothing to bitch about.

It's the same with the 1/3 and 1/6 snap divisor. It's barely there.
TheVileOne
BUMP

I guess this would be easy enough to add.
Onisakura
it's will be usefull