forum

Pokemon - Pokerap (Now with Video)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aliento
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, January 04, 2008 at 7:05:51 PM

Artist: Pokemon
Title: Pokerap
BPM: 117
Filesize: 18998kb
Play Time: 02:44
Difficulties Available:
  1. 150 beats (2.5 stars, 150 notes)
  2. Intermediate (4.5 stars, 302 notes)
  3. INSANEORAMA (4.66 stars, 383 notes)
Download: Pokemon - Pokerap
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Wow, this is going to drive people nuts, I'm sure. Having completely memorized the entire pokerap, I thought it would be a gas to beatmap this song! It's so catchy! And this also marks a couple of firsts for me:
1: Getting the BMP right off the bat without help,
2: Making a beatmap with multiple difficulty settings!

On the easiest setting (only 150 beats, one for each pokemon name), you'll breeze right through.

Then there's Intermediate, which has about two beats per pokemon name but is still reasonable. No idea why it's rated the same difficulty as Insaneorama, but it's definitely easier.

Then there is INSANEORAMA, which is one of the hardest beatmaps I've ever made. Insaneorama is seriously one tough cookie. Only attempt it if you have a really good feel for the song.

I got rid of Timing Mastery. Still dont see why it had to go, but everyone was whining about it like it was some sort of malfucntioning toilet. I also added the video, I hope nobody minds the filesize or the ugly youtube quality. But something is better than nothing, right?
Gunzil
-Add the video plx
-Get rid of timing mastery. It's unnecessary, since moving your mouse isn't really that hard.
-Give the remaining difficulties the names easy, normal, hard, etc
-Timing is great
-Maybe you could add some sliders or spinners to replace the breaks?

Otherwise nice map, it deserves to get ranked once you add video and get rid of timing mastery.
Topic Starter
Aliento

Gunzil wrote:

-Add the video plx
-Get rid of timing mastery. It's unnecessary, since moving your mouse isn't really that hard.
-Give the remaining difficulties the names easy, normal, hard, etc
-Timing is great
-Maybe you could add some sliders or spinners to replace the breaks?

Otherwise nice map, it deserves to get ranked once you add video and get rid of timing mastery.
1:I didn't think of adding the video, but where would I get it, other than youtube? I dont want a crappy youtube vid.
2:I added timing mastery for people who wanted to master the timing of INSANEORAMA before they got to moving the mouse around. It doesn't hurt anything just having it there, why get rid of it? I for one can complete this mode, but INSANEORAMA is impossible for me, so I like having it.
3: Why do they have to have standard names? Isn't that why there's a box to label them whatever we want? I wanted some unique labels for this.
4:Thanks.
5:I wanted to keep the purity of the whole thing, so I didn't have any Phrase Markers or Spin Markers, and I didn't want anything in there besides the pokemon names. Besides, it's a hard beatmap, so frequent breaks are helpful as a chance to reaqjust your arm, mouse, mouse pad, and timing, and to just relax a little. Few songs get the change to have such delightfully frequent breaks.
Gunzil
Good points. I just didn't feel insanorama was hard enough for timing mastery to be needed. I beat it on my first try. >___>

As for the video, just find a high(er) res youtube video. It really doesn't look that bad blown up if you find a good one. I'd recommend seeing if a youtube video works well enough, and if it doesn't we can work on finding another source.
GuardianHX
Make a beatmap for the song backwards.

Poke' rap backmasking ftw.
EiJi
Hm... I feel this map is too...plain to get ranked. And the song itself is...well, lets say I'm not a Pokemon fan...

Starred...

Also, few spacing inconsistencies throughout all the maps. One example is on Intermediate, at 1:37:35. These two combos should be right next to each other.

Furthermore, I agree that Mastery is not needed. It's fine now, but should there be any mods that would consider ranking this, that difficulty would have to go.
Topic Starter
Aliento

EiJi wrote:

Hm... I feel this map is too...plain to get ranked. And the song itself is...well, lets say I'm not a Pokemon fan...
Plain? Could you elaborate? Also, I don't see why the songs itself should have anything to do with if it should be ranked or not. I mean, as long as it's possible to produce a good beatmap for a song, why not?

Also, few spacing inconsistencies throughout all the maps. One example is on Intermediate, at 1:37:35. These two combos should be right next to each other.
If you've never noticed, EBA/Ouendan were very lax about this rule in between combos. Often the distance between the end of one combo and the start of a next were much larger than would be expected.

Furthermore, I agree that Mastery is not needed. It's fine now, but should there be any mods that would consider ranking this, that difficulty would have to go.
Nobody has explained WHY it should be gotten rid of! It doesn't hurt anything, and extra difficulties only take up a few KB. It's there for anyone who wants to play it, and if you don't want to play it, you can choose not to. I don't get what the big deal is about...
MaxwellDemon
Don't see why is people making a big fuss about the mastery version. Some people just isn't that good with the game, and I appreciate having it there.

The buttons do slant downward eventually because Osu! is programmed in a way that if a button is behind another, it'll slightly tilt down right. Other than that, I am pretty happy with this map... and I doubt the slanting is fixable at all. :P
chan
Ooooooh man, longest 8 minutes EVAH
Yeah, don't play all three difficulties at once, you get tired of the rap pretty easily. I agree that this map is not exactly that creative in terms of patterns/placement of notes, but they're timed, which I guess is what's important.
I'm going to rank this, but I'm going to gripe about a couple more things about this beatmap/song
1. The song is pretty repetitive. Like, sure, they're not repeating pokemon, but the rap is pretty monotonous.
2. No spinners or sliders. I think sliders add a great deal of uniqueness to a beatmap, which this lacked.
3. No whistle/finish sounds? Didn't really check for this, but as far as I could tell, there weren't any, or very few if there were.
4. Also quite a few breaks?

So technically, this beatmap is more or less acceptable, but I think you could have made it more enjoyable (though debatable) to play.
Rolled
Oh my god, how did this song get ranked without me knowing?

I don't care what any of you say. This is by far the best beatmap ever made >=D
Nintendonick4
Ah, I had never heard the whole pokerap before. My life is not better for having done so.
Played the medium difficulty, liked the constant, direct beats.