forum

[FINISHED] Ootsuki Kenji - Hitotoshite Jiku Ga Bureteiru

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fox
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Montag, 31. Dezember 2007 at 20:37:11

Artist: Ootsuki Kenji
Title: Hitotoshite Jiku Ga Bureteiru
BPM: 185,9
Filesize: 1511kb
Play Time: 01:15
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0,71 stars, 51 notes)
  2. Normal (2,88 stars, 101 notes)
  3. Hard (4,68 stars, 176 notes)
  4. Insane!! (4,75 stars, 183 notes)
Download: Ootsuki Kenji - Hitotoshite Jiku Ga Bureteiru
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Why hello there. :V

Edit: Made some modes harder, further modifications.

Old Edit: Uploaded Kharl's version which plays better, thanks to a better offset and a few modifications - slightly modified the maps, myself still (most of those modifications are fixed mistakes of my cause lol).

I know this song has been done before, quite some long time ago though. So I thought I'd give it a try too, since I love this intro so damned much. Especially the Gyakuten-Saiban-Version is lovely, really. :3

Background is included.

I am also planning on doing a collaboration with Kharl. That'd be AAAAWESOME.
Kharl
Great job! For some strange reason, your map seems to work fine even though your BPM is different from mine (which is correct for my map) so no problems here. Very nice background too. I love it. :D

When you're done with your easier version, this should go to ranking immediately!

*Starred*
Kharl
I've just noticed that your offset is a bit off while playing your Insane map so I set it to 2,590. Since it's my fault of not noticing this sooner, I've done all the corrections for you. I also add some beats in the beginning of Easy map. You can take them out if you don't like them.

If you're happy with the changes, then please update the files and I'll thought-bubble this.

P.S. If you want, here's the videos for this song, compressed and soundless:

Original OP (9.65MB): http://www.mediafire.com/?fjz3mj4mfmj (Click here for the HQ version)
Phoenix Wright Parody (3.39MB): http://www.mediafire.com/?93ntjv2mxk2

But since your background image is very nice already, you don't have to replace it with these videos, or only use these in your Hard or Insane map. I'd like to borrow your background for using in my maps too. :)

Download: Ootsuki Kenji - Hitotoshite Jiku Ga Bureteiru (Fox) [Easy].osu

Download: Ootsuki Kenji - Hitotoshite Jiku Ga Bureteiru (Fox) [Normal].osu

Download: Ootsuki Kenji - Hitotoshite Jiku Ga Bureteiru (Fox) [Hard].osu

Download: Ootsuki Kenji - Hitotoshite Jiku Ga Bureteiru (Fox) [Insane!!].osu
Topic Starter
Fox

Kharl wrote:

I've just noticed that your offset is a bit off while playing your Insane map so I set it to 2,590. Since it's my fault of not noticing this sooner, I've done all the corrections for you. I also add some beats in the beginning of Easy map. You can take them out if you don't like them.

If you're happy with the changes, then please update the files and I'll thought-bubble this.

P.S. If you want, here's the videos for this song, compressed and soundless:

Original OP (9.65MB): http://www.mediafire.com/?fjz3mj4mfmj (Click here for the HQ version)
Phoenix Wright Parody (3.39MB): http://www.mediafire.com/?93ntjv2mxk2

But since your background image is very nice already, you don't have to replace it with these videos, or only use these in your Hard or Insane map. I'd like to borrow your background for using in my maps too. :)
Uploaded them, and as you can read in the first post, I changed a few things (like in Hard-mode, there was a part that I fixed at Insane!! but completely forgot in Hard-mode, and in Insane!!-mode, I put together some notes at 1:10:04, and changed the positioning of the beats at 1:16:66 for an easier, though still challenging moment). But for pretty much everything, I kept it the same. I also like what you did with Insane!!-mode, the same goes to the intro of Easy that you made. ;D

I tried the video but had some problems using it, so I was like meh. It would have been nice for Easy- and Normal-mode but... yeah. D:

Anyway, thanks for your support, it really helped me out here. 8D

Edit: And it might be a temporary thing, but apparently the Goodbye Mister Turnabout-video won't download - no servers with the video available. D:
Kharl

Fox wrote:

Edit: And it might be a temporary thing, but apparently the Goodbye Mister Turnabout-video won't download - no servers with the video available. D:
Well, you can easily grab this clip from youtube using vixy.net, anyway.

*Thought-bubbled*
EiJi
I approve, but...

Normal:

Combos a bit too long?

Hard:

00:50:68 - While this slider is correct the way it is, it sounds ALOT better if you end it on the half beat.

Insane: Feels like aside from difficulty settings, it's not one bit harder than 'Hard'. Certainly doesn't deserve the exclamation marks after Insane.

All optional though, if you chose to disregard them, I'll rank this.

Edit: I A'd Insane on my first try. And I'm no eyup.

Edit 2: Aside from the drain rate, Insane should be Hard and hard should be removed. Insane is easier than Hard...this, I don't approve of.
Topic Starter
Fox
Quite honestly I don't see how a mode that has tinier beats, a worse HP-drain-rate and a harder overall-difficulty, along with additional beats is easier than any other mode.

I do realize that you're no "eyup" but... I'm sure you already have quite some skill in osu!. So maybe that's more of a personal impression rather than a fact.

In other words I simply don't want to do the same thing that many other mappers make - go wild with the circle-sizes and difficulties.

If you want to, I can re-name "Insane!!" to "Very Hard". I also worsened the HP-drain-rate and changed the circle-size by one - but that's all I will to do. :C

I put a lot of effort, time and passion into the map and want it to be a lot like an actual map like it could be in an Ouendan-game, I'm trying to follow these guide-lines. So not to sound to high and holy, but... I'd like that to stay. ;C

I did, however, consider most other points that you made and I agree with those. I'll upload the updated versions after this post. ;D
EiJi
As you wish...

Just a dozen extra notes and a few notches harder in difficulty doesn't make a map insane...especially when it's so close to a clone of hard...

Ranked.
Ivalset

Fox wrote:

If you want to, I can re-name "Insane!!" to "Very Hard". I also worsened the HP-drain-rate and changed the circle-size by one - but that's all I will to do. :C

I put a lot of effort, time and passion into the map and want it to be a lot like an actual map like it could be in an Ouendan-game, I'm trying to follow these guide-lines. So not to sound to high and holy, but... I'd like that to stay. ;C
You really don't need to rename anything. The names of difficulties are relative to one another, so as long as "Insane!!" is more difficult than Hard (which it is), it's not an issue at all.
ZZT the Fifth
I like the map, but I do have one issue...

The drain rate should be to where the lifebar remains steady while you are spinning the spinner. If it continues to go down even while you're continuously spinning it on Normal, then something isn't right. Why am I LOSING life to a spinner even when I 300+bonus it?

Actually, now that I think of it, this has applied to quite a few beatmaps for me... can't remember which ones, though.
[deleted user]
Ahh I love this song and this anime xD good job
H1ko
+20 offset
Tarrasky
ZETSUBOUSHITA!!!

finally I found the map of this music <3 I love szs

and the offset is 18+
ThrillerFan123
Not that anyone probably reads this thread now, but has anyone noticed that the scoring on the Easy difficulty is broken?

SPOILER
People without mods are in the top 10? When you replay #1, they did not get FC or 190k.

People using ONLY DoubleTime can get onto the leaderboard?

I was using Hidden+Nightcore+HardRock+Flashlight, and only #30? Before that, I was doing it without Flashlight (SH/FC) and didn't even get to #50.
Stefan

ThrillerFan123 wrote:

Not that anyone probably reads this thread now, but has anyone noticed that the scoring on the Easy difficulty is broken?

SPOILER
People without mods are in the top 10? When you replay #1, they did not get FC or 190k.

People using ONLY DoubleTime can get onto the leaderboard?

I was using Hidden+Nightcore+HardRock+Flashlight, and only #30? Before that, I was doing it without Flashlight (SH/FC) and didn't even get to #50.
Moved them in a spoilerbox. :P
There are for sure more scores broken than the #1 place on easy, nevertheless it's actually possible since people's spins are quite high (till 477 SPS) so it's somehow possible.