forum

kiai in editor

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Echo
At the moment, the only way to know you have kiai mode enabled at any specific time is to keep checking the timing section dialog. There should definitely be some indicator as to whether kiai is on within Compose (and possibly Design?) mode.

I only modded 2 songs yesterday and already found this extremely annoying; given the recent emphasis on making sure kiai is not overused, surely this should have been suggested ages ago? >.>

edit: oh, please don't post "+1 support" or whatever the trend is these days unless you actually have something to add?
Jarby
You should be testing maps when modding, and I don't want to see kiai time flashing when I am mapping.
Topic Starter
Echo
Not necessarily flashing, but an indicator somewhere at least.

There is no timer in play mode, so identifying a specific kiai time section is extremely time consuming.
Larto
Looool, I just thought of this and went to the feature request forum just to post that idea

Of course I totally agree, maybe having a "[KIAI]" lighting up in a corner or something.

+1
Ekaru
While there is that nice list of timing sections that have Ki enabled and those that don't, something to easily tell in Compose would be nice (and make life easier). I was thinking of this...

You know how breaks are currently displayed on the time line? Like, maybe do that with kiai time, except make it a pink line.
Kitsunemimi
I guess this could work. It's nothing big and can be useful. I think it's a good idea.
Gens
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Derekku
I completely agree. There should be some type of indication that there's kiai time. =)

EDIT: I agree with having a different colored line in the time line.
LuigiHann
+1 Support

Yeah, this is something I've been thinking about for a while, but didn't suggest because I wasn't sure about the implementation. A color on the timeline would be excellent, and I agree that in addition to that, something changing in the actual game grid would be useful.
anonymous_old
I would actually prefer the notes shining and the kiai streams. This will show you notes covered up by the streams and patterns which are unreadable by the flashing right in the editor, so you can identify and fix the problem easily.

Anyway, with my first use of kiai I noticed this didn't exist and was wondering why. It makes sense to me, IMO.
Gabi
make the timestamp rainbow colored!
kideddie1501
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann

strager wrote:

I would actually prefer the notes shining and the kiai streams. This will show you notes covered up by the streams and patterns which are unreadable by the flashing right in the editor, so you can identify and fix the problem easily.

Anyway, with my first use of kiai I noticed this didn't exist and was wondering why. It makes sense to me, IMO.
I actually agree, this would be the most intuitive and practical.
Topic Starter
Echo
^ That's what I originally wanted, actually.
Ekaru

strager wrote:

Flashing... in the editor? No thanks. That would be who knows how annoying when mapping. Seeing kiai time over and over when listening to the same part over and over in 25% would, in fact, get on my nerves fast (I put kiai time before mapping now, which works well). Something on the time line would be enough, look neat, and work well. Having it in the Editor? Ugh, couldn't stand it, sorry. Not needed, anyways, since again, something on the time line would be enough. Again, I couldn't stand seeing the lights over and over when listening/looking at a particular section. ><;
LuigiHann
I don't think they notes need to flash in the editor, but I'd like to be able to see the timing of the kiai fountains without going into test mode.
anonymous_old

Ekaru wrote:

strager wrote:

Flashing... in the editor? No thanks. That would be who knows how annoying when mapping. Seeing kiai time over and over when listening to the same part over and over in 25% would, in fact, get on my nerves fast (I put kiai time before mapping now, which works well). Something on the time line would be enough, look neat, and work well. Having it in the Editor? Ugh, couldn't stand it, sorry. Not needed, anyways, since again, something on the time line would be enough. Again, I couldn't stand seeing the lights over and over when listening/looking at a particular section. ><;
I mean to say have kiai look as if you took a screenshot at that certain time. Not flashing all the time...
Ekaru
I mean when you run through the section, it'll still flash. And, having it there in general would make it distracting when trying to figure out the spacing and such. Like, pressing right and having the notes jump in brightness would hurt my head... or I think it would. @.@
anonymous_old

Ekaru wrote:

I mean when you run through the section, it'll still flash. And, having it there in general would make it distracting when trying to figure out the spacing and such. Like, pressing right and having the notes jump in brightness would hurt my head... or I think it would. @.@
Isn't kiai supposed to be distracting?

Also, close your eyes when you move along the timeline.
Ekaru
Kiai isn't distracting while playing. To me at least. Unless it's used wrongly, which is an entirely different issue altogether. Heck, I don't even notice the fountains that much. :P

See, if I close my eyes, I can't see when to stop moving the time line. I seriously think that something on the time line at the bottom, or maybe even the one where the notes are, is all that is needed. We don't need people not using kiai time because it makes it more annoying to edit things.
show more