forum

Megaman Thread (blue bomber eff year)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GSR_old
I figure we need a Megaman general thread.

Mostly because of this:

YOU GOT MY BN IN MY SF

ER

SF IN MY BN

UH

CROSSOVER IN MY VIDJAMAGAMES

And SF3 is out at the end of the month.
awp
NES Mega Man games were great. I wasn't a fan of the spin-offs, but I never played Street Fighter Star Force. Unless you count Mega Man X as a spin-off. That would thus be the best spin-off Capcom ever did.
MegaManEXE
Wait WAT

HOLY FUCK

I hate Star Force but who cares this is awesome news
Topic Starter
GSR_old
It's due out later this year (in Japan) and info should be coming in August (September CoroCoro).
lukewarmholiday
BN was alright, I liked the third game.
Topic Starter
GSR_old
Everyone liked the third game. BN2 and 3 are by far the best in the series.
rust45
I suck and NES and X(yes I really do) But I enjoyed BN2, BN3, and BN4(sue me) I played SF2, and it wasn't great IMO. I only played it because of the two files on it anyway and my brother buying it.
Topic Starter
GSR_old
Ugh, SF2 is... bad. The encounter rate/low run rate/story drove me insane.

Ironically, I went out to buy SF3 tonight (having... "acquired" the other two) and it wasn't in yet.
rust45

GSR wrote:

Ironically, I went out to buy SF3 tonight (having... "acquired" the other two) and it wasn't in yet.
Is SF1 better? If so I might try it.
MegaManEXE

rust45 wrote:

GSR wrote:

Is SF1 better? If so I might try it.
No they're both pretty bad.
Topic Starter
GSR_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
rust45
I suppose I can try to let my brother let me borrow his copy of it. And I'm sure he's gonna to buy SF3 so I have that covered too.
MegaManEXE
The main character in SF1 is an emo douche for 95% of the game. I mean I didn't adore Lan but he was at least a semi-likable dumbass main char.

Geo is just a fag, I couldn't stand him. The characters + the battle system completely ruined the Star Force series for me.

If SF3 is really that much better than the first two then I might give it a whirl but it's going to take a lot to make me think any higher of this series.
Ekaru
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Jinxy
Got Black Ace yesterday. Gameplay looks better but Im no critic. Amazingly, they managed to split the wave and real road (almost), since they joined them in SF2.

Current Area: Beat 2nd mini-boss, Red Wizard Noise and met Sonia.
Ekaru
I'm in love with Starforce 3. Difficulty balance is nice this time around. That, and the writing's awesome, to me at least. I like how they use the term 'pwned' at one point. Also how Omega-Xis actually uses the term "scrubs". <3

It's a nice game overall. I'm a Wolf Noise user. Had to reset til I got that one I got it on my 6th try. Chose it because I like swords, Quick Gauge is win to me, etc.
Jinxy
You actually reset to get wolf? I had the snake (Luna's ex-wizard), couldn't bother to waste time and restart.
I wonder if your choice to save Bud's shirt, Sonia's bag and Luna's whateverthatthingis affects noise choice...

EDIT: I have no idea what happened but I lost the snake noise and earned Gemini(?) noise. Better for me, since I use a ThunderHead card.

EDIT 2: How can I get a mixed noise form? Do I need real botherbands?