forum

Slider Snap Misalignment Bug

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
eyup
This seems to only affect some slider snaps... I'm not sure why. After snapping a note to a slider, everything looks fine in Edit Mode, but during gameplay the slider is misaligned slightly. Either that, or its length shortens slightly.

Here are some screenshots to explain what I mean.
Edit Mode:

Play Mode:

peppy
This is due to it being "stacked". Doesn't seem to be working as expected in these cases though. Would you be able to attach the .osu from that screenshot if you still have it handy?

Edit: dont worry about that actually - I've figured out why it happens.

The notes at the *top* of that slider are stacking the slider above them - as in the slider in play mode is getting displaced 3 times up and left because of the notes that fall under its ending location. Therefore the slider seems like its in a place it shouldnt be.

I'll have to change this to make the notes fall to the bottom-right, rather than moving the slider. I think this should cause less confusion :)

Does that make sense?
Topic Starter
eyup
A recurrence?
Edit Mode:

Play Mode:

peppy
I'll have to take a deeper look at this. So many cases to worry about (all thanks to eyup!)

And geez, those sliders look ugly. I definitely need to put up a new public build ASAP.
Topic Starter
eyup
Unfortunately slider misalignment still seems to be an issue after b79. When I get time I'll have a serious mess around with it and see what I can find out.