forum

Blind Stare - Shotgun Symphony+

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
awp
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, July 09, 2009 at 4:35:35 PM

Artist: Blind Stare
Title: Shotgun Symphony+
Source: Finland
Tags: Melodic Death Metal
BPM: 362
Filesize: 6122kb
Play Time: 05:03
Difficulties Available:
  1. Impossibly Intense (5 stars, 956 notes)
Download: Blind Stare - Shotgun Symphony+
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
"Shotgun Symphony is back with a vengeance."

[Impossibly Intense] is a map I made a while back just to spite (or even fanservice) all those people who kept S-ranking SSI like it was child's play. Due to popular demand I've revamped it and submitted it on its own for Approval.

Anyone who manages to Full Combo this is a champion above champions. Anyone who can clear it is a contending champion, to say the least.
Soaprman

Haha just kidding, I shopped this.
Soaprman
How is this not getting attention? It's Shotgun Fucking Symphony. :(
GladiOol
decrease drain rate PLEASE.
I can only come half way like this, and then the unreadable patterns kill me :(
Yuukari-Banteki
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Zerostarry
There isnt anything I want to change.

Bubble for approval

K I didnt bother looking at SFG's post, :X
Topic Starter
awp
Re: Drain rate
It's only at 7. Drain rate isn't the issue. The map is extremely difficult in its layout/pace, not the drain rate. If I lower the drain rate, I'm making a joke out of it, per say. Actually, on second thought, I still die pretty fast at 6.

I have changed the drain rate from 7 to 6. If anyone thinks this was a pussy move and ruins some of the map's integrity, I'll change it back.

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

00:33:61 (2) - spacing adjusted
00:38:17 (5,1) - stacking It does stack, but it's stacking to the 1, not the slider tail, so that's why it looks odd to you
00:41:40 (2,3,4,5) - stack the endpoints those fuckers keep desnapping
00:47:87 (3) - technically illegal, since its completely underneath 2. however you could argue that 2 has more than faded by the time you need to hit this It actually shows up before you have to click it - you can also see that it doesn't reverse - doesn't need changing
00:52:84 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - pattern is exceptionally erratic (looking at 4 and 9 for placement) Isn't it beautiful? (There actually is a pattern, from the top right to the top left triggers a reverse, sending it in a clockwise rotation until the jump to the next combo - it's not a total memorization, there are heuristics in the design)
00:54:17 (1,2,3,4) - couldja make all these spaced evenly instead of having extra gap between 2 and 3? since you already threw normal spacing out the window and all It's not needed, and spoils some of the beauty imo
01:14:06 (10) - new combo New combo at 16, since the pattern changes there
01:36:60 (12) - finish Tasty. How'd I miss that? Maybe the whistle threw me off.
01:51:85 (3) - this even looked hidden while i was watching White Wolf play it Easy to see over here, even if reaction time is minimal
01:55:16 (9) - new combo it doesn't seem necessary imo; it's still all part of a pattern. It feels tacked on if it's there, like, the only reason it's there is to conform to some obligatory standard. I'd rather let the combo climb to 20, here.
01:59:80 (4) - spacing Did some re-arranging, fixed
02:01:13 (13) - new combo New combo at 9, not 13. Mind the stanzas, music, and general flow.
02:04:61 (1) - spacing It's fine imo. Regardless, I changed some stuff around.
02:24:33 (1,2) - i found this boring SULLY NOT THE NAME OF A GOOD CRESCENDO
03:09:25 (8,9) - stack the endpoints yes
03:13:72 (2) - stacking Eh, I like this as is
03:17:37 (1) - spacing more like ugly overlap; fixed
03:28:97 (3) - stacking Can't, ruins alignment elsewhere
03:30:47 (11) - new combo yes
03:49:53 (4) - what happened to the whistle pattern? it got annoying. Filled the void with a much cooler sound pattern. Groove, mother fuckers.
03:55:08 (1) - i have never seen White Wolf 300 any of these spinners and he played this map five times while i watched Ignoring everything else, even I can 300 the spinners; the problem is worrying about the rest of the map. At any rate, increased spinners by 42 milliseconds
04:15:29 (1) - ^ It's do-able, but I decided it was douchey and fixed it.
04:39:24 (18) - i prefer outstanding notes like this to be their own combo I'm normally inclined to agree. Not this time, just gave them their own little touch.
04:45:54 (1,3) - finishes 3, yes.
05:00:79 (9,10,11) - stack endpoints NEVERRRRRRRRRRR
05:03:11 (1) - i *love* how you made a timing section especially for this note and then snapped the start to a blue tick eh I do what I want
Yuukari-Banteki
00:09:91 (2) - stacking
00:28:31 (4,5) - spacing
00:42:73 (6) - stacking
02:39:91 (6) - try a finish
02:39:91 (6) - spacing anyone?
03:23:34 (2,3) - can you make these parallel
03:31:96 (15) - finish
04:14:93 (1,2) - *try* a clap on the starts of these
04:18:02 (1) - finish
04:24:32 (3) - ^
04:39:24 (18) - the double hitsound sounds odd
04:43:88 (6,1) - finish the ends
04:55:48 (3,4) - parallel
05:03:11 (1) - any particular reason this is silent?
Topic Starter
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Engineboy
Yuukari-Banteki
why is this in WIP?

i would bubble it but i dont bubble WIP maps
Zerostarry

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

why is this in WIP?

i would bubble it but i dont bubble WIP maps
When you update a map with 1 difficulty it goes into WiP forum

/me claims mod exp
Topic Starter
awp
Yuukari-Banteki
fuck you im allowed to make a mistake while im still learning
foulcoon
blank space + high drain = fail

have a star
Topic Starter
awp

Engineboy wrote:

Um, has anyone besides me noticed that the max combo is 1,337? Whether you did that on purpose or not, it's frickin' awesome. :D
When I initially did it the combo was around 1334 so I was like "hey I'll add a couple more notes for the lulz"
Gabi
seriously what the fuck is this......

i would never approve of this sorry, to hard to read, lots of cluster fucks. i would certainly not approve of this untill i can see that this map is passable without a mod.

just because it's going for approved doesn't mean it should look completley messed up like this. (no offense)
Ekaru
Uh, the whole point of the map is to punish the player for merely existing. It's been around for roughly a year now, maybe more. I find it fun, even though I have a 100% fail rate. Hence why there are clusterfucks and such. Readability doesn't affect rankage all that much. After all, the original Hirari (Ask, say, Cyclone or Dawn or Matt about that one) got ranked... then unranked soon after (Thanks Saturos), but hey, it got ranked in the first place! :D

Heck, it's perfectly readable. Just react faster! (Well, people always say that to me, so...)

'Sides, anyone who can pass this with no mods should be recognized for having awesome skills. *stars for pure awesomeness* This is one of the few super hard maps I've seen that don't suck, and even fewer are actually fun, like this one. Good job.

Now make a harder map, this is too easy by today's standards. ;_;
GladiOol
03:20:02 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1) - Makes me cry, because I keep failing there~.
Star though~
Topic Starter
awp
Also foulcoon's going to clear this map no-mods eventually, he's gotten at least a quarter through it on a rather consistent basis.

But yeah, it's clean, readable, legit etc. the problem is that we as humans are generally too slow to process the information fast enough. I'm sure Cyclone wouldn't have too much trouble with it in that respect.
show more