forum

[Archived] Beatmap Lags

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Gazzie_old
I went through a couple of pages, and didn't really see any topics retaining to this specifically.

There are a couple of beatmaps that I play that has just started to lag through the whole entire song, and not just in the regular osu! game play, but also in taiko and catch the beat!
One of the songs is Unknown Orchestra by UVERworld; beatmap by Lumino
And it's like that for every level of difficulty

Like when you listen to the song, it sounds perfectly fine, but the video in the back is like skipping seconds and the outer circle goes really slowly like it was lagging, as well as when you click, it takes a second before it's registered so you miss it.

Is this happening to others as well?
I just find it really weird that one day it's fine, and then the next, it's doing that
Metroid
Are you sure it's not your PC just lagging up. Some maps have videos that are such a quality that the map lags...
Echo

Metroid wrote:

Are you sure it's not your PC just lagging up. Some maps have videos that are such a quality that the map lags...
like?
anonymous_old

Echo wrote:

Metroid wrote:

like?
Exactly.

Your problem is, I am guessing, due to your harddrive not supplying data fast enough, or your CPU being too slow to process all the information real-time. Try playing with NoVideo.
Topic Starter
Gazzie_old

strager wrote:

Echo wrote:

Metroid wrote:

like?
Exactly.

Your problem is, I am guessing, due to your harddrive not supplying data fast enough, or your CPU being too slow to process all the information real-time. Try playing with NoVideo.
Well, the thing is, I've always used my laptop to play osu, and I've played those beatmaps many times before, and it's not that I have added anything else onto my laptop or taken anything off of it, and it just started lagging.

Unless even then, it's still my laptop, then what could I do exactly to fix that?

Edit: Ok, so no video works! Thanks~
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old

Echo wrote:

strager: no video is not the point; we want to fix issue at the root if possible
Him using No Video and not suffering from lag shows that the video is likely the issue.

The video for UverWorld - UNKNOWN ORCHESTRA is 640x480 at around 400 kbps of disk usage. FMP4 codec, 25.000 FPS, AVI container. In VLC it uses around 6% CPU on my 2x2.5GHz machine, so that's about 300MHz being used. (No hardware accel.)

Gazzie, Can you provide a video which doesn't lag and is fine for comparison?

If the video isn't the problem, I suspect fragmentation. However, it's odd that fragmentation would occur to existing files. Still, it probably wouldn't hurt to defrag.