forum

Block Keys [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
Ryuukun
I thought about it and only blocking the windows key is kinda stupid yes.
But being able to block like 3 keys of your choise would be very helpfull for many issues.
So i request that instead now.

Edit: Marked as duplicate of t/26936&start=0 because that one has higher priority and more replies
anonymous_old
Don't click the Windows key.
Don't use ZX; use VB or something.
Take our your Windows key.
Disable the Windows key in your registry.
Deal with it.

I really doubt this will be implemented. The only time I have hit the Windows key accidentally is when I have reached for Ctrl, and that doesn't happen in osu!.
Topic Starter
Ryuukun

strager wrote:

Don't click the Windows key. wtf?
Don't use ZX; use VB or something. its standard
Take our your Windows key. wtf
Disable the Windows key in your registry. wtf²
Deal with it. once again very helpfull, thanks

I really doubt this will be implemented. The only time I have hit the Windows key accidentally is when I have reached for Ctrl, and that doesn't happen in osu!.
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Ryuukun

strager wrote:

Ryuukun wrote:

Take our your Windows key. wtf
This has worked for many people. its not a real solution

Ryuukun wrote:

Disable the Windows key in your registry. wtf²
Google it. thats not the issue
changed the request btw
Loginer
You could also buy a gaming keyboard. Most gaming keyboards have a button or slider which disables the Windows key, such as the G15/G11 and Lycosa.
Topic Starter
Ryuukun
sadly i pumped my last money into a new HDD since my current one is about to die

Edit: i'll go with the AS idea from strager for now but thats not the original request anymore anyway :P
Gemi
Use a software called KeyTweak. Let's you assign any keys any functions. For example I have my caps locked mapped to 'a' since I tend to acidentally press the caps lock sometimes when I try to hit 'a'. This allows you to map the windows key too if you have problems with that on a regular basis. Otherwise just change the keys used in the game.
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Ryuukun
but i only want my keys to be different on osu
Echo
What's wrong with the Windows key? I've never hit it in 2 years of osu (granted, I did take month-long breaks), and I've been using zx the whole time.
Jinxy

Echo wrote:

What's wrong with the Windows key? I've never hit it in 2 years of osu (granted, I did take month-long breaks), and I've been using zx the whole time.
Seconded, except 4 months.
RemmyX25