forum

[Archived] My activities while under the Update window

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
An64fan
If I shake the mouse to activate the menu and then hover the cursor over a menu item in the background, it will select and then nearly immediately deselect and then start again, causing continuous hover-over sounds.

Also, I can successfully click the menu selections under the osu! update screen, return to the main menu, and even get so far as the song selection. Hell, I can even get into the editor by means of the osu! cookie button at the bottom corner of the screen. As well, all the other buttons are pretty much as they are on the main menu: you can over over them and they select and deselect over and over very quickly. Although the hotkeys do not work, with the right timing I can select just about anything behind the update screen and otherwise work as I normally would with anything there.

Only thing is that you can't seem to click different songs on the song selection screen behind the update screen, but you can still click most of the other stuff. (Beatmap options also can't be clicked for some reason though)

You can even attempt to play maps behind the update screen by means of clicking the same button mentioned earlier.

Options can also be changed under the Update window.

I even managed to make osu! crash while doing all this. :D More than once, actually. Went into the mod menu and clicked Close. It's seems to be a guaranteed crash. Anything else in the mod menu just causes some graphical glitches.

Hopefully this report can be used to help improve game responsiveness... Or is it too responsive, do you think? :P