forum

Mafia 4 [Game over!]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Echo
Mafia 4 - The killing season continues... with a twist

It's an all out underground war! A previously unknown town has been discovered by two rival mobs. The money making possibilities from exploiting the crystal resources in this area are endless.

Both mobs and the town leaders have agreed to a battle of wits. Each mob already has one member who has infiltrated the council of the town. In the most chivalrous form of a battle, the council members will each discuss and vote to lynch one of their own. The mafia, ever so resourceful, will be conducting their own secret assassinations via an anonymous phone communication system. Whoever is left at the end of the week long head lock will be crowned king of the town.

Still Alive
  1. LadySuburu
Dead
  1. strager (vaporised Day 1)
  2. SFG (killed Night 1)
  3. Pasonia (pummeled to death Day 2)
  4. BagelBob (skewered Night 2)
  5. 0_o
  6. adam2046
  7. Wojjan
  8. rust45
Event log
  1. Day 1 has started!
  2. BagelBob replaces kuwarudo
  3. Night 1 has commenced
  4. Day 2 has started!
  5. Night 2 has commenced
  6. Day 3 has started!
Topic Starter
Echo
Game setup

This game will be using a randomly selected setup based on the C9 setup.
  1. 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Vanilla Townies.
  2. 2 Mafia Goons, 7 Vanilla Townies.
  3. 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Cop, 6 Vanilla Townies.
  4. 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 Vanilla Townies.
In addition, in keeping with the story, the mafia members will not know who the other person is. The mafia members will be allowed to communicate only using an anonymous QuickTopic board during the Night phase.

Your role PM will be one of the following.

Mafia Role PM wrote:

Role: You are a Mafia Goon, part of Mafia {Alpha/Beta}.

QuickTopic link: [insert link here]

Abilities: During each Night phase, you may converse with the agent from Mafia {Alpha/Beta} using the QuickTopic board linked above. You may use any name you wish to make posts, as long as you are consistent (ie. you use the same name for each post). You may not link, show, lead, etc., or in any other way allow other people to see this board. Doing so will result in a modkill. Your kill will be decided when both you and the other mafia player post Kill: player in the thread. If the two of you fail to reach a conclusion, there will be no night kill.

Win Condition: You win when you are the only Mafia left in the game and you represent at least half of all living players.

Please reply to this message to confirm that you have read the rules and understand your role.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me at any time and I'll see if I can help!

Cop Role PM wrote:

Role: You are a Cop, a member of the Town.

Abilities: During each Night phase, you can investigate a player. In response, you will receive a PM from me stating that either "Guilty" or "Innocent". Send me your target in a PM. If you change your mind before the Night ends, and I have yet to give a reply, you can send me another target.

Win Condition: You win when all members of the Mafia are dead.

Please reply to this message to confirm that you have read the rules and understand your role.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me at any time and I'll see if I can help!

Doctor Role PM wrote:

Role: You are a Doctor, a member of the Town.

Abilities: During each Night phase, you can protect a player from the Mafia. The player you protect will be invulnerable to nightkills during that Night phase. Unfortunately, your cannot protect yourself! Send me your target in a PM. If you change your mind before the Night ends, you can send me another target.

Vanilla Townie Role PM wrote:

Role: You are a Vanilla Townie, a member of the Town.

Abilities: You have no abilities besides your wits and your vote. Use them wisely!

Topic Starter
Echo
Rules
  • General
  1. This game takes place in this thread only - do not discuss it anywhere else. Doing so will get you modkilled or immediately replaced, depending on the severity of the offence. If you do end up having a conversation outside of the thread... even peppy won't be able to save you ^^
  2. Do not quote any PM, part or whole, you receive from the Mod. This includes fake or erroneous quoting. Breaking this rule will get you modkilled.
  3. If you believe I've made an error as the mod, send me a PM. Please do not post about such things in the thread. If you have anything else you need me to read or address, post something like this - "Mod: You're the best."
  4. Pink coloured text (and similar shades such as, but not limited to, red and purple) is reserved for the mod. Imitating or pretending to be the Mod will get you modkilled.

Voting, Deadlines and Deaths

5. If a majority is reached any time in the game, the current Day phase ends immediately and game shifts into the Twilight phase. Players may continue to talk during Twilight until I write the lynch post. The person who was voted for lynching is not allowed to talk once a majority has been reached, ie. once the Day phase has ended.
  6. Dead players may not talk or in any way communicate with other players about the game once they are dead. There will be no "last words" posts.
  7. The game will run on fixed 1 week deadlines for Day phases and fixed 3 day deadlines for Night phases, unless cut short by a vote or night kill.
  8. Please make your votes in bold, like this: Vote: Echo. Votes that are not in bold will not count. It is nice but not required to Unvote before you vote.
  9. If you wish, you can vote for a no lynch like this: Vote: no lynch.
  10. If the deadline is reached, the person with the highest number of votes will be lynched. In the event of a tie, there will be no lynch.
  11. Players' roles will not be revealed upon death.
  12. There are no penalties for not voting.
  13. A modkill will end the current Day or Night phase. It does not affect any other phase of the game.

Participation

14. Please confirm your place in the game within this thread.
  15. Please strive to make at least one post every 24 hours. Treat this game as a commitment.
  16. Players who do not make a post in a 24 hour period will be eligible for a prod. You have a further 24 hours to respond to the prod by making a post. Failure to do this will result in a replacement.
  17. Players who have been prodded 3 times will be subject to replacement at my discretion.
  18. If you will be unable to post in the thread for over 48 hours, please send me a PM and we can work something out.

Miscellaneous

19. My decisions within this game are final. In other words, "I'm right, you're wrong."
  20. If a ruling I make contradicts an earlier ruling, then the contradictory point (and only the contradictory point) in the earlier ruling is invalid and does not apply any more.
  21. Any attempt to find loopholes within these rules will be treated as an attempt to cheat, and will result in a modkill. You all know how the game works; play fairly.
  22. Above all else, have fun! It's a game, and it's meant to be enjoyed.
0_o
< in
Yuukari-Banteki
/in

dont have a choice, Echo made me do it!
adam2046
In like a thing that's in...like, a goal.
Yeah, in like a goal.
Pasonia
Playing. =3
Yuukari-Banteki
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old
I came.

In.

Your face.
kuwarudo
May I join?
Wojjan
Fine, put me here. 0_o wants me to play.
Derekku
I think I'll sit this one out. Have fun, guys.
rust45
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Echo
One more. Suburu, joooooiin~
LadySuburu
Done.

Day 1 Current Votecount:

kuwarudo (3) - SFG, Wojjan, 0_o
strager (3) - adam, LadySuburu, rust45
0_o (1) - Pasonia
SFG (1) - kuwarudo
LadySuburu (1) - strager

THIS IS OLD AND NEVAR UPDATED I'M BAD AT THIS
anonymous_old
Topic Starter
Echo
Can Mafia access the private board at any time?
Yes, but they are not allowed to post except during the Night phase.

Will the history of the private board be saved?
Yes, and the link will be provided at the end of the game if requested so.

Are edits, deletes, etc. allowed on the private board?
Editing and deleting are possible, but will be marked with a "this post has been edited/deleted".

Are quotes or links of this thread allowed on the private board? Are quotes from the private board allowed in this thread? (I know the latter is pretty stupid. =])
Sure. Quotes can be faked.

Can death scenes be requested?
Yes. But PM me as soon as you know you're dead. Under no circumstances should you post it yourself.

Will mod: messages be read on the private board?
Yes, but action will only be taken if it's something that no one else needs to know about.

Generating roles and sending out PMs now.
Topic Starter
Echo
Role PMs have been sent out. Once enough people have confirmed their roles we can start.
Topic Starter
Echo
We're only missing three players now and I'm pretty sure they'll confirm soon.

It's fun to know no one has read the rules :P (rule 14, anyone...?)

Day 1 has started

Have fun!

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.
Deadline is Wednesday, 8th July, 5pm GMT+8
LadySuburu
Echo: Misleading PMs.

Also, Vote: SFG because she's mafia and she's good at it. :P
show more