forum

Exporting replays

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
EiJi
Oh, lets say...someone made this really, really, really good map, but isn't ranked because of some stupid reason like being too long or something...

Anyway, so you wanna give someone a local replay. Below 'Watch Replay', add "Save (or export) Replay. Which will open a prompt of where to save the newly exported replay file.

This replay file, .osur?, will of course be associated with Osu! just as .osz's are. So when clicked, will open Osu! and, provided the replay map is installed locally, will begin playing the replay file.

If you're wondering about the first paragraph, I added that to prevent people from saying "Just find the person's score in the rankings and watch it...". But what if the map isn't ranked? Or what if you did something really awesome but already had a higher score saved on that map but still wanted to share it?
Starrodkirby86
This could be achieved through a screen recording, though it may lag. An external replay feature would be nice, but it would be difficult to code out possibly? I like the idea though, and an ".osur" might be less space than an actual movie recording.
Topic Starter
EiJi

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

This could be achieved through a screen recording, though it may lag. An external replay feature would be nice, but it would be difficult to code out possibly? I like the idea though, and an ".osur" might be less space than an actual movie recording.
Might be? It would. About the same size as a .osu, I'd say. I assume you download replays already (when you watch one's replay) so that part should be done already.
awp
I believe it was requested in the past. The ability for osu! to create a video replay. This would be an awesome feature to have because FRAPS sucks balls on my PC so it is tough for me to show replays to people who can't run osu!.
Cecilthemos
If one could be exported as a .flv, it would make it a lot easier to upload Osu Youtube videos.