forum

RIP SLYME - FUNKASTIC

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Enok Walker
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, January 19, 2008 at 10:55:02 PM

Artist: RIP SLYME
Title: FUNKASTIC
BPM: 250
Filesize: 10935kb
Play Time: 04:37
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (3.96 stars, 440 notes)
Download: RIP SLYME - FUNKASTIC
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My first beatmap. It's been changed quite a bit from the original draft: I fixed a few off-beats, and made it easier by getting rid of the hellish clickfest near the end, etc. Please comment! Thanks!

EDIT: Made the suggested changes. Also forced reupload, hopefully so that the old Normal difficulty no longer shows up on the score page.
Topic Starter
Enok Walker
On second thought, this probably isn't rankable considering the high scores attainable

There's the BATTLE FUNKASTIC mashup which is shorter.. I might make that instead with a more manageable number of beats
Loginer
This beatmap is pretty varying, and it's fun to play all the way to the end, so I think it's rankable.
awp
The slider at 1:25:00 sounds like it's coming in a half-beat early. Move it to 1:25:12 maybe?

There are a few instances where beat spacing is a little inconsistant...but it's quite minor. If you're bobbing up and down to the music, you probably won't even notice. That one little slider is really the only thing I'd like to see corrected before marking this ranked.

Wow, your first beatmap? What'd you do, collect a bunch of other folks' first beatmaps and find out what they were doing wrong? For a "first beatmap" this is a marvellous effort.
Rolled
Indeed it is a great map for your first. But no background makes me sad :( And the huge spinners are really a pain in the wrist, but thats personal preference. Also, like awp said, there are a few spacing errors that tripped me up on my first play, but they're managable. And the slider does sound better at 1:25:12.

That post was harsh :( I apologize. But this is really a great map and a good song also. Nice job.
Topic Starter
Enok Walker
Hi, I'm not at home right now but I just wanted to know, when you download this song which difficulties are available? The "Normal?" difficulty is the one I made first, and the "Hard" difficulty is pretty much the same difficulty but I redid a lot of the beat patterns. I thought I had deleted the Normal? difficulty, but apparently not, I might have even accidentally deleted the Hard difficulty instead.

So yeah, sorry if you all looked at a difficulty that I didn't even intend to show you

Maybe you'll all see the "improved" Hard difficulty and think it's worse :)

Still, thank you all for the comments!
Even your "harsh" ones, Rolled! I'd rather have unranked songs than bad ranked ones.
awp
I downloaded it last night at around 2 am I think, and I'm pretty sure I just had Hard mode. There wasn't an "Update this beatmap to latest" option, either. So, not sure if it was proper or not, but Hard is the only one on there.
Topic Starter
Enok Walker
OK, the "Normal?" difficulty is still showing up on the scores page and I'm not sure why, since I deleted it and forced reupload.

Anyway, I not only moved the slider as suggested, but I went through and tried to correct any unusual beat spacing that I saw. I see what you mean about potentially getting tripped up by them, and hopefully this fixes that.
Survivor_old
Why isn't this ranked yet? I swear, I tried, I really tried to find bad things about this beatmap, but failed miserably, it has everything, from proper timing, to colorful, visually pleasing beats on cheery, audibly pleasing song sections.
Rolled
I do not know why the normal is showing up on the score page, but I just redownloaded the .osz and there is no normal map in it. You made every suggested change to the song and I see no flaws. It is also a fun song to tap along to.

This song is not that hard, so I don't think another difficulty is necessary. I am going to rank this. :)
Saturos
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy

Rolled wrote:

I do not know why the normal is showing up on the score page, but I just redownloaded the .osz and there is no normal map in it.
Just thought I'd mention I fixed this up :).