forum

Regina Spektor - Dance Anthem Of The 80's

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
musnit
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 11 July 2009 at 08:57:04 PM

Artist: Regina Spektor
Title: Dance Anthem Of The 80's
BPM: 157
Filesize: 4158kb
Play Time: 02:51
Difficulties Available:
  1. Insane (4.77 stars, 402 notes)
Download: Regina Spektor - Dance Anthem Of The 80's
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My first map :P...
The timing from about 2:20 onwards seems abit messed up and i'm not sure if there are any bpm/offset changes or if some mistakes are just misplaced notes that I have missed, would like help from anyone who's able to work out whats going on.

July 11 20:15
Done abit more/fixed early overlapping slider

July 11 19:15
Done half the end bit - unsure if its abit toomuch or if im gonna change it

July 11 12:50
Finished to 2:25 - ignore the crap after there just using it to help workout the timing. I'm abit stuck - pretty sure there is a bpm/offset change here...would like some help working out what it is and would also like confirmation that i did not miss any bpm/offset changes earlier in the song.

July 10 8pm
added to 2mins

July 9
Made a few changes (see post)

July 7 1:30am
Extended some more

July 6 22:40pm
Extended to 1:20

July 6 8:50pm
Fixed spacing/Shinxyn's timing commentss
blissfulyoshi
BPM: 157. If it is .99 like that, the BPM is probably a flat number
The offset seems to be fine in the beginning.
There might be a change in offset later in the song, but I cannot tell where it is though.

First make sure you use distance snapping to make the spacing in your song intuitive.
Compare the spacing and time difference between 00:13:37 (5,6) and 00:14:32 (8,9). They have the same difference in timing but different spacing, so this is bound to throw players off. This problem also recurs throughout the song, so please fix that.

Other things to note:
try to cut down your combos because 20 long combos are very long and rarely acceptable
00:07:25() - add a break here
00:27:51 (7) - don't have sliders overlap themselves

That should be all for now. Keep on mapping.
Nachy
[Timing]
BPM = 157.00
Offset = 3,001

Hmmm not too sure, but it's sounds better.

Also

[Insane]
00:06:249 - Break here

Map also needs some reworking, most combos should be from 1-10 remember, get a bit of a fix on the distancing.

Eh ninja'd by a better modder, oh well.
Shinxyn
Okay, I think you have a general understanding of beatmapping, just needs refinement

-More new combos will be needed, when you change distance or flow of the song
-You didn't set the hitsound audio (soft or normal), so the map has a weird weird sound, please remember to pick the hitsound (soft works for this), then learn to place hitsounds a bit~
-With the right BPM, most songs only need to follow using 1/4 or in this case, bpm being 157, you can map the song with 1/2 (red and white timing ticks) only... so...
00:33:54 (10), 00:50:97 (4), 00:52:31 (7,8,9), 00:54:03 (14), 00:54:65 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9), 00:58:81 (2,3,1,2,3,4), and 01:00:91 (1) are all offbeat
-The map is messy :P place the notes in a more orderly fashion (which will eventually turn into your mapping style~)

It's a start~ go go go!
Topic Starter
musnit
fixed the spacing, combos and I think all of the timing issues (hope i didn't miss any)...can anyone confirm if blissfulyoshi is correct about the offset or if it is fine how it is - i'm messing around now trying to distinguish which is better.

Is it generally ok to change the distance snap multiplier for different parts of a song if you want to make certain parts harder/easier/make close stacks/far hits...or should i try use the same multiplier for most of the song?
Shinxyn

musnit wrote:

fixed the spacing okay..? its not final yet, I hope.., combos some are still kinda high and I think all of the timing issues (hope i didn't miss any)!!! you missed something very major -the notes ARE NOT snapped on the timing.... do Timing->Resnap All notes...can anyone confirm if blissfulyoshi is correct about the offset eh? he didn't have an offset for you... if you meant multiple offsets, I didn't notice anyor if it is fine how it is minus 22 on offset to get 3059 (imo)- i'm messing around now trying to distinguish which is better.

Is it generally ok to change the distance snap multiplier for different parts of a song if you want to make certain parts harder/easier/make close stacks/far hits...or should i try use the same multiplier for most of the song?
Of course it's okay to change distance snap~ just don't overdo it, I guess... Anyways, distance snap is just a reference, its not required... but since you're just starting mapping, keep at it for a bit and just change distance snap for jumps or so...
I hope you're ganna go back and clean up most parts :o its kinda messy as it is
Topic Starter
musnit
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
ogicu8abruok
waaah! keep working on this. i love this song and i wanna play it.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.