forum

Lacrimosa - Lichtgestalt

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Luvdic
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on lunes, 28 de marzo de 2011 at 02:38:26 p.m.

Artist: Lacrimosa
Title: Lichtgestalt
Tags: Garven Kurisuchianu
BPM: 125
Filesize: 6594kb
Play Time: 03:36
Difficulties Available:
  1. Garven's Hard (4,58 stars, 363 notes)
  2. Insane (4,99 stars, 505 notes)
  3. Kurisuchianu Taikoni! (4,99 stars, 1007 notes)
  4. Normal (2,91 stars, 244 notes)
Download: Lacrimosa - Lichtgestalt
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
I'm your Shadows.

This is actually my very first map... so styles are very different... :T

Special thanks to Garven for making the Hard difficulty.
And to kurisuchianu for the taiko
wmfchris
good music.

-overall-
I suggest you to use Grid level 3 to get the most accurate placing.

[easy]
The distant spacing is not constant enough.
I prefer you use 0.8x which is the spacing of your second half part.
0:57:894 (1) stays too far from (4). This is unacceptable even you won't change the spacing.
0:59:814 (3) as as the above
1:52:614 (1,2,3) replace them in right spacing
1:56:454 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3) same
2:03:174 (1) same

(almost all problems came from spacing... lol)

[normal]
0:19:494 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3) just a minor thing that the hit sound is a bit strange...
1:27:654 ~ 1:35:814 Just a little suggestion. Here comes a faster part, so why not a kiai time?
1:57:414 it's up to you but not very meaningful to make jumps here
2:05:094 same
2:09:414 (6) spacing or totally cover(5) (I prefer seperate them since you have 1/2beat placing in the same place later, right?)

[insane]
0:22:374 use gird level 3 to place them
0:24:294 correct spacing please
1:52:014 (3) too far from (1,2) even I think the previous spacing is acceptable
2:27:294 (1) no need this one...?
2:28:614 (7) same

starred.
Topic Starter
Luvdic
Thanks for the reply
Updated, modified most of your suggestions been done

- I dont think using grid lvl 3 will do any difference, because, i didnt use grid snap (Lol , this was my first beatmap and i didnt knew i could adjust it, in the end i gave up and didnt use grid snap )

- Space problem in the first part of easy lvl been fixed (it was later on that i knew what was the use of distance snap )

- Hit sounds in the first part of normal level it is actually strange, all of them had clap, i turned them off

- Kiai mode added, although not in the timers you suggested... Dont know if you like this timing i used

- Tried to delete the jumps. but meh, im out of inspiration right now

- Also fixed that distance problem in the normal lvl as well in the hard lvl where you have suggested

- The beat at the timer 2:27:294 deleted, but i didnt delete the one at 2:28:614, it sound to weird for me without it
Senbon
Hi. Nice song.

[General]

Turn down the vol. Very hard to hear music. And some parts call for the soft sample set, IMO. But I dunno about you. :P

[Easy]

Seems more of a Normal difficulty to me.

Nothing really stood out but note and slider placement. Sometimes it feels like you just randomly put stuff with distance snap on and is more obvious after the 2nd break. You might not like it but it's best to go through every note and resnap them all to a pattern or.. something, and to fix spacing issues. So find good patterns and arrangements for your map, like what you did in some parts in the other difficulties. ^^ You could use grid 3 to make things more absolute.

02:39:65 (1) - Remove new combo
02:44:45 (3) - New combo
02:45:41 (2) - Remove new combo

[Hard]

Same note placement issue, but not as big as Easy.

00:57:89 (1,2,3) - Add hit sounds here
01:01:73 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Fix the shape to make it more circle-y?
01:25:97 (2) - Too far from (1)
01:32:69 (4) - ^ (3)
02:26:21 (8) - I don't find a use for this other than to screw the player over once. :(

[Insane]

Same placement issues.

00:42:41 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Bring closer a little
00:44:33 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - ^ with the other ones too
Topic Starter
Luvdic
Thanks for the reply
Lol, you are right, hit sounds vol is too high, i lowered it, and... im not very good with hit sounds so.. i think i will leave it as it is now...

Tried to make pattern in some parts that didnt have... hopefully it is good enough... im new into mapping (so new that this is my very first beatmap)
Also, there are parts that i purposely made it random, to be more specific, it is at: 01:05:574 - 01:40:134 (hard and intense), becasue i thought it would be more fun if it were all random... anyways, if it is all random, then there is a pattern: they are random (lol)
Gens
Revived.
Beuchi
Revived!!
braian5234
star ! e.e :arrow:
Garven
This is what I have so far - Ignore all the old Insane's notes. I've mapped up to the end of the first kiai - I have my breaks planned out and where I want to end the map. If this isn't satisfactory, please let me know before I get too far into this.

I also didn't like the countdown against the song, but eh.

Edit:

Last updated 11-08-2010

All done.

I think this is the closest to an actual hard difficulty that I have ever made. Yar.

Please add in these two hitsound files to the folder too, and full submit, if you like it.

Download: Lacrimosa - Lichtgestalt (ErufenRito) [Garven's Hard].osu

Download: hitsounds.rar
narakucrimson
Hi there! This is what I found:

[General]

The timing and offset are fine.

Why don't you try using another preview pont?

[Normal]

1:04:626 (2) - Why don't you try stacking this under the end of the slider? I mean, you do it all along the map, this way you'd keep it consistent n.n

1:19:026 (1) - Maybe moving this whole "cross" here some grids up would create a nice jump between the red 2 and the yellow 1. I think it fits better~~

1:40:146 (1) - I don't see the point in this new combo. Remove it.

2:36:786 (1) - (^) Maybe the new combo could be at the previous 6.

Nothing too wrong here, anyway :)

[Garven's Hard]

35:586 (4) - I think you should move this slider 1/2 forward in the timeline, and add a circle here. Also, you should shorten the slider by 1/2, too. It sounds better to me that way :)

1:25:746 (6) . The way this slider is stacked confused me a bit. I'd suggest to move it right, but it's ok if you don't like it~~

1:36:306 (1) - As in the other diff, remove the new combo here (maybe...)

2:22:626 (2) - I think the new combo should start here, not at the previous circle.

3:28:626 (6) - Same thingy with the sliders, though it seems a bit more difficult to fix it here :/

[Insane]

2:22:386 (1) - I don't think these stacked sliders are rankable, even if they aren't completely stacked. You can't see if there are reverse arrows. You should get them a little more separated.

2:24:306 (1) - (^)

2:31:986 (5) - (^)

2:58:866 (1) - (^)

3:49:146 (1) - I'd swap the position in the timeline of 1 and 2. This is to keep the same patter as before, like going backwards and then jump forward. If not, the spacing would be wrong.

3:51:066 (1) - (^)

What an insane Insane xDDDD

-

Great work! You have my star~~
Topic Starter
Luvdic

narakucrimson wrote:

Hi there! This is what I found:

[General]

The timing and offset are fine.

Why don't you try using another preview pont?
Lol, i dont even rememeber having placing a preview time to this map =o

[Normal]

1:04:626 (2) - Why don't you try stacking this under the end of the slider? I mean, you do it all along the map, this way you'd keep it consistent n.n It was made on purpose, its like a transition to a new pattern.

1:19:026 (1) - Maybe moving this whole "cross" here some grids up would create a nice jump between the red 2 and the yellow 1. I think it fits better~~ I think it is fine =o, cause it is already kind of a jump :x

1:40:146 (1) - I don't see the point in this new combo. Remove it. Okay.

2:36:786 (1) - (^) Maybe the new combo could be at the previous 6. Okay

Nothing too wrong here, anyway :)

[Garven's Hard]

35:586 (4) - I think you should move this slider 1/2 forward in the timeline, and add a circle here. Also, you should shorten the slider by 1/2, too. It sounds better to me that way :)

1:25:746 (6) . The way this slider is stacked confused me a bit. I'd suggest to move it right, but it's ok if you don't like it~~

1:36:306 (1) - As in the other diff, remove the new combo here (maybe...)

2:22:626 (2) - I think the new combo should start here, not at the previous circle.

3:28:626 (6) - Same thingy with the sliders, though it seems a bit more difficult to fix it here :/

[Insane]

2:22:386 (1) - I don't think these stacked sliders are rankable, even if they aren't completely stacked. You can't see if there are reverse arrows. You should get them a little more separated.

2:24:306 (1) - (^)

2:31:986 (5) - (^)

2:58:866 (1) - (^) Will wait for more opinions.

3:49:146 (1) - I'd swap the position in the timeline of 1 and 2. This is to keep the same patter as before, like going backwards and then jump forward. If not, the spacing would be wrong.

3:51:066 (1) - (^) They were done on purpose :T

What an insane Insane xDDDD

-

Great work! You have my star~~
Garven

narakucrimson wrote:

[Garven's Hard]

35:586 (4) - I think you should move this slider 1/2 forward in the timeline, and add a circle here. Also, you should shorten the slider by 1/2, too. It sounds better to me that way :) I wanted to stick to vocals pretty strong for this map, so... :(

1:25:746 (6) . The way this slider is stacked confused me a bit. I'd suggest to move it right, but it's ok if you don't like it~~ I'll move it if I get any other complaints about it. :3

1:36:306 (1) - As in the other diff, remove the new combo here (maybe...) Nah

2:22:626 (2) - I think the new combo should start here, not at the previous circle. Hrm, sure. Erufen, can you also add a finish hitsound to it? Thanks~

Heh, star~
Sallad4ever
Sorry for the wait

[General]
- Eh I'm sure you are going to re-sizing the BG right?
- Delete osb*shot**stab**strangle*
- Countdown is NG
- Don't forget to add Garven on tags
- You should cut the rest of song that are not mapped to save some space

[Normal]
I don't agree with jumps on normal especially if the normal is as the easiest diff, but this is just a matter of taste I guess
other than that everything looks great

[Garven's Hard]

inb4 someone will say map it to the same point as other diff :p
this isn't that hard, really
01:24:786 (5,6) - this is perfectly perfect, <3
01:53:106 (4) - hmm why not change it to finish like the rest of the similar notes that follow the guitar?
02:01:266 (1) - ^

[Insane]
02:22:386 (1) - I can see the approach circle very clear so this is fine, I'm more worried about
02:31:986 (5) - I don't know this is a 1/2 until I miss it, well probably because of the previous similar slider stack
03:49:146 (1,2) - I'm sure this trap will make people rage
I like the jump on the beginning but the grid streams are killing me, especially these ones 02:18:306 (5,6,7,8,9,10) :o

anyway good luck with the map ;)
~star
Garven

Sallad4ever wrote:

[General]
- Delete osb*shot**stab**strangle*
osb doesn't matter anymore, fyi

[Garven's Hard][/color]
inb4 someone will say map it to the same point as other diff :p It didn't feel like a good spot to end to me. :P
this isn't that hard, really I was trying to find a good balance between the two other difficulties. Makes me sad the rating is still I, but oh well.
01:24:786 (5,6) - this is perfectly perfect, <3 <3
01:53:106 (4) - hmm why not change it to finish like the rest of the similar notes that follow the guitar? If you listen, I have a progression of soft whistle, soft finish, normal finish.
02:01:266 (1) - ^
I changed a couple other hit sounds that I noticed for consistency.

Download: Lacrimosa - Lichtgestalt (ErufenRito) [Garven's Hard].osu
Topic Starter
Luvdic

Sallad4ever wrote:

Sorry for the wait

[General]
- Eh I'm sure you are going to re-sizing the BG right? And i still remember the day that i did it D: Ah well, dont have any image editr yet cause i reformatted my pc (dont know how to use paint)
- Delete osb*shot**stab**strangle* Lol, i dont see the .osb file. Maybe i havent full uploaded map yet.
- Countdown is NG What does NG is?
- Don't forget to add Garven on tags Sorry garven.
- You should cut the rest of song that are not mapped to save some space Will think about it.

[Normal]
I don't agree with jumps on normal especially if the normal is as the easiest diff, but this is just a matter of taste I guess
other than that everything looks great Im sure that noobs doesnt know what spacing is. Thats why i gave myself a little liberty to put some small jumps. But will wait for more opinions.

[Insane]
02:22:386 (1) - I can see the approach circle very clear so this is fine, I'm more worried about
02:31:986 (5) - I don't know this is a 1/2 until I miss it, well probably because of the previous similar slider stack
Ehehehe i wasnt sure about them too, but then i figured i would leave it to modders opinion. Although i do still want to hear more opinions about this part.

03:49:146 (1,2) - I'm sure this trap will make people rage
Well, i i figured that after around 10 seconds of the same thing (time wise) i guess this anti jump would be very notable. But will wait for more opinions.

I like the jump on the beginning but the grid streams are killing me, especially these ones 02:18:306 (5,6,7,8,9,10) :o

anyway good luck with the map ;)
~star
Thanks for the mod! :D
Sallad4ever
NG is an abbreviation of No Good, the count down really doesn't fit cause the song start slow, try halving the count down speed maybe? still I recommend you to remove it

and the "Delete osb" I know it doesn't really matter, it's just a joke cause this is 1 years old map :P
Sorry for the confusion
IceBeam
Sorry for delay.
As per mod4mod request.

[Normal]
00:54:066 (1) - Such a jump on Normal? no way,fix it.
01:19:026 (1,2,3,4) - Well again,as long it's the easiest difficulty in the mapset,you better reduce this jumping spacing.
01:40:146 (x) - Strange place for making a break to me.I think you should map lyrics part,and maybe make a break from 01:51:666 or 02:07:026.
03:28:626 (1) - Combo spam.
03:55:266 (x) - Hm.....I even don't know what to suggest instead but it finishes in the wrong place.

[Insane]
Rename to TAG4 :D

Garven's Hard is fine.

Sorry for poor modding,nice work.
Star~
Topic Starter
Luvdic
NG is an abbreviation of No Good, the count down really doesn't fit cause the song start slow, try halving the count down speed maybe? still I recommend you to remove it
Okay.

IceBeam wrote:

Sorry for delay.
As per mod4mod request.

[Normal]
00:54:066 (1) - Such a jump on Normal? no way,fix it. Hmm this jump is more understandable. Modified.
01:19:026 (1,2,3,4) - Well again,as long it's the easiest difficulty in the mapset,you better reduce this jumping spacing. This one, i'll wait for more opinions. Cause seriously, newbies doesn't know what spacing is.
01:40:146 (x) - Strange place for making a break to me.I think you should map lyrics part,and maybe make a break from 01:51:666 or 02:07:026. I guess i love to much the music D:
03:28:626 (1) - Combo spam. Deleted new combos.
03:55:266 (x) - Hm.....I even don't know what to suggest instead but it finishes in the wrong place. Well... with the way i mapped, ending the map at 03:39:186 (where garven ended it) Didnt looked so good, in fact i originally planned to end it there. Lol

[Insane]
Rename to TAG4 :D Why? D: The most difficult thing for me in this map is not the jumps, but those little streams well spaced :T Oh i think i know what you mean, I ll think about it.

Garven's Hard is fine.

Sorry for poor modding,nice work.
Star~
James2250
I would suggest you change your kiai time so its like Garvens (start/end on white ticks) It looks better
Odd ending points..I think I prefer where Garven ended it~ Consider changing it to there
At first I thought tick rate 2 might work..but not sure now
Go download Paint.NET and fix background size
Cut mp3 if you can

Normal:
Pretty high AR for the easiest difficulty, at least -1? Maybe even -2
01:56:946 (5,1) - jump prob too much for this difficulty
02:04:626 (5,1) - ^
02:59:826 (1) - random new combo
03:07:506 (2,1) - avoid anti jump?
Apart from a few too many stacks for the easiest difficulty its nice

Garven's Hard:
Looks nice

Insane:
Alot of copy and paste in general, I would suggest you change some parts to make them more original~
00:55:986 (1,2,3,4) - would be nice if you could keep spacing equal
01:19:266 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - ^
01:55:986 (1,2,3) - I wouldn't have a jump here
02:03:666 (1,2,3,4) - confusing spacing
02:03:666 (1,2,3,4) - don't mind jumps but :(
03:49:146 (1,2,3,4,5) - spacing (no one can read that correctly)
03:51:066 (1,2,3,4,5) - ^
Some jumps are ok but I would tone them down a bit, don't need to go too crazy with them. Also at least keep the spacing between sets of notes in jumps consistent or it becomes very hard to read them.

Gets a star but I think Insane needs a bit more work
Topic Starter
Luvdic

James2250 wrote:

I would suggest you change your kiai time so its like Garvens (start/end on white ticks) It looks better Hmm kiai times was placed long time ago, and forgot to change them.
Odd ending points..I think I prefer where Garven ended it~ Consider changing it to there Alright, will wait for mor eopinions =/
At first I thought tick rate 2 might work..but not sure now
Go download Paint.NET and fix background size Photoshop is downloaded, just that im lazy to install it =T
Cut mp3 if you can Fineee, expect that my next full submit have this done and the bg

Normal:
Pretty high AR for the easiest difficulty, at least -1? Maybe even -2 Wanted it to have high AR lol, but i'll do -1
01:56:946 (5,1) - jump prob too much for this difficulty
02:04:626 (5,1) - ^ You're right.
02:59:826 (1) - random new combo Ops
03:07:506 (2,1) - avoid anti jump? Avoided a bit.
Apart from a few too many stacks for the easiest difficulty its nice

Garven's Hard:
Looks nice

Insane:
Alot of copy and paste in general, I would suggest you change some parts to make them more original~ Althought this is true, i really did try to make it different by not giving flips or rotations, but small patterns differences.
00:55:986 (1,2,3,4) - would be nice if you could keep spacing equal
01:19:266 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - ^ They have same spacing of 1.6x? Unless you mean the stacks, but that's ridiculous.
01:55:986 (1,2,3) - I wouldn't have a jump here Will think about it.
02:03:666 (1,2,3,4) - confusing spacing I don't think they are that confusing... >_>
02:03:666 (1,2,3,4) - don't mind jumps but :( And they kind of follows 01:59:826 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7), if you know what i mean D:
03:49:146 (1,2,3,4,5) - spacing (no one can read that correctly)
03:51:066 (1,2,3,4,5) - ^ Will wait for more opinions D: Although if i end it where garven eneded it, then this would be unnecessary! Lol
Some jumps are ok but I would tone them down a bit, don't need to go too crazy with them. Also at least keep the spacing between sets of notes in jumps consistent or it becomes very hard to read them. All of them were on purpose... Lol :T
But for what is worth, i tested this map a lot to make sure that jumps where no impossibles, as far as i rememebr, most of the jumps have been shortened after that test. So only thing that was really killing where those well spaced mini streams.

Gets a star but I think Insane needs a bit more work
show more