forum

Allow mappers to change/update ranked beatmap mp3/video [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
I have no idea how difficult this would be to implement and the benefit it would yield, but I know in the case of at least one ranked beatmap (Silver Forest - Eternally Unreachable Distance) it would help considerably in raising the overall quality of the beatmap.

Basically, a mapper can submit a better mp3 to a member of the BAT or something and provide updated offsets, then from that point in the beatmap will be distributed with the updated mp3 and the beatmaps using it adjusted accordingly.

Or perhaps a member of the BAT can specialize in trawling for mp3s of a certain quality or even policy adapted that forces beatmaps to have certain quality of audio before they are passed. Something to keep the sound quality uniform amongst all beatmaps would be nice, and I think this is one way to do it.
peppy
If the offset is the same, you can contact someone with authority to update the mp3 (echo, mattyu, luigi and a few others). If the offset has changed, the map will need to be deranked, and anyone who already has the map will WTF when their mp3 is no longer in time.

In other words, if you are picky enough to request this, fix the offset by editing the new mp3 first, then propose the change to a BAT.

This is a VERY rare scenario, as these issues should be dealt with before ranking.