forum

Can't download beatmaps and installer. [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
tieff
When I trying to download beatmaps or installer, it download with 5-7 kb and crashed. I used different browser and osu!direct. It doesn't help.
Files from other site I can download.
It happend 2 days alredy.
peppy
Okay, there is a problem. But this is not a bug, and it is not at my end. Please phone your ISP and report the problem to them. They will probably be extra happy if you provide them with the output of a tracert so they can follow up the source of the problem.
Score_Under

tieff wrote:

When I trying to download beatmaps or installer, it download with 5-7 kb and crashed.
To supplement the rather unhelpful reply above (I mean seriously, what the hell? It's not like tieff bit you or something >_< )
Try using DownThemAll (firefox) and setting it to only allow 1 piece to be downloaded each time. This way you can resume crashed downloads.
I can see how this is a problem, but if you can (a) initiate a connection to this site and (b) only experience a problem on this site, then a tracert will show no problems and it's not likely to be the ISP's fault.
Topic Starter
tieff

Score_Under wrote:

To supplement the rather unhelpful reply above (I mean seriously, what the hell? It's not like tieff bit you or something >_< )
Try using DownThemAll (firefox) and setting it to only allow 1 piece to be downloaded each time. This way you can resume crashed downloads.
I can see how this is a problem, but if you can (a) initiate a connection to this site and (b) only experience a problem on this site, then a tracert will show no problems and it's not likely to be the ISP's fault.
Actually, it doesn't crashed... It just stop downloading.
Haha, too bad, I can't modding now.
peppy
At least paste some tracert output here if you can't be bothered contacting your ISP. I'll tell you where the problem is.
Score_Under

peppy wrote:

At least paste some tracert output here if you can't be bothered contacting your ISP. I'll tell you where the problem is.
Again, I'm pretty sure that 1. the ISP will not care in the slightest, and 2. a tracert won't work as a connection can be initiated anyway (but not sustained?)

Did you try using DownThemAll for firefox? http://www.downthemall.net/
If you do, go to the DownThemAll options, and under "Advanced" set it to use only 1 segment per download (or peppy's download limit will catch you before you even get half a file).
peppy

Score_Under wrote:

Again, I'm pretty sure that 1. the ISP will not care in the slightest, and 2. a tracert won't work as a connection can be initiated anyway (but not sustained?)
1. I asked for it so I could help directly - read again.
2. There is a very high chance that this is being caused by high packet loss somewhere along the route. So yes, a traceroute will likely be of help.