forum

Perfume - Baby Cruising Love

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, 13 July 2009 at 00:52:13

Artist: Perfume
Title: Baby Cruising Love
BPM: 128
Filesize: 6196kb
Play Time: 02:58
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.69 stars, 384 notes)
  2. Normal (2.66 stars, 227 notes)
Download: Perfume - Baby Cruising Love
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
An experimentation with light. An effort to increase the creative possibilities of storyboarding. A fun map to play :).

A few interesting facts:
This map took too long to make.
The storyboard is over 500 lines long. It was mostly scripted by hand.
About ten new storyboard script features were added to make this possible.
I had to draw part of the illustrations I used that were cropped in the original. See if you can spot it :p.
This was originally in the perfume megamix, but felt like a good standalone map so I decided to split it off.
Make sure you are on b709 or higher before attempting to play this.

Update #1: Applied mrtn's requests (not sure about final sampleset so i've left it for now).

Please check out the sources for the art that I borrowed without explicit permission:
http://uiui1001.exblog.jp
http://ahirucafe.tea-nifty.com
mrtn
[normal]
00:30:82 - reinsert this break
00:58:94 (1) - maybe extent to 01:00:82?
02:58:94 (1) - put a soft finish on this maybe? Soft finish sounds almost the same as the music so ;)

[hard]
02:51:60 - reinsert this break
02:58:94 (1) - Maybe use soft sounds on the end of the slider? The music sounds almost the same as the soft finish sound ;).

great job, SB is awesome. starred
Ekaru
Map played well, sounded well, etc. The storyboard's awesome. inb4 some idjit claims that they get distracted by the storyboard. ;_;

Have a star. Lots of effort put in.
Mogsy
Normal:
-02:58:94 (1) - Contrary to what m980 said, I'd put a Normal Finish here. Mostly because that Normal Finish matches exactly what's going onohwait I updated and there it was~

Hard:
*-00:30:815 - IMO there should be a clicked beat with a Finish here. Eight sixteenth notes at this part makes this end on an offbeat, and that just feels very very weird to me. Whether or not you want to add this is up to you, but if you do, delete and reinput the break.

That's all. Since I can't bubble it until there's at least 8 priority, have a star.
Mashley
Awesome in every way.
LuigiHann
yeah this gets a star
Shinde
The SB and beatmap in general was rather nifty. Had a good feel. Didn't really notice anything playing through or in editor. Star'd.
RemmyX25
The only concern I have is that the soft-normal hitsounds from 01:00:815 in both difficulties seem too quiet for my liking.

In an attempt to be helpful, I did recommend the blue spinner-metre to go with the spinner

Despite that, I would bubble but certain people would kill me so heres another shiny star.

Oh hey theres enough stars minus mine.
Takuma
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Breeze
awesome map, especially the SB
my compliment on Peppy's wonderful map :)
anonymous_old
Amazing map.

You are God.
mm201
hurr
Zanthos
Is it just me that can't download this? :(
I get a message saying the Download link has expired.

I need to see this epic storyboard!
Topic Starter
peppy
Please try again.
Zanthos
Thankyou!
Impressive beatmap, great flow to it :D
Peter
Best 2009 storyboard ever