forum

Can't Connect to Internet [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
squeakyreaper
I re-installed osu today, after a long while of not playing it, but it doesn't seem to want to connect to the internet. I have my login credentials right, but it just sits there for a while saying 'testing login'. I'm clearly connected to the internet - and the password is right, since I'm posting this - but it just won't login.

Note: It's not a problem with the graphics card, I haven't touched it since I played last year. I don't even have a fire wall, and the default windows fire wall is currently not blocking anything (I checked twice). All other games and programs work fine, it's just osu. I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, uninstalling, reinstalling... etc, but it won't work. This is a Windows XP, not a Vista.
Starrodkirby86
Maybe it's something with your computer's firewall.

Try disabling it if it's on. See if it works.
Topic Starter
squeakyreaper
Two notes:

Ban the account 'squeakythereaper'. I created that to see if it was just my account, and that won't work either. Sorry for defying the biggest rule, but I wanted to play.

Two: I don't have a firewall. Even the default windows firewall is off.

Edit: Explorer just crashed. Weird. Maybe I should turn off osu for now...
anonymous_old

squeakyreaper wrote:

Two: I don't have a firewall. Even the default windows firewall is off.
brb.

Can you play offline?
Topic Starter
squeakyreaper
Yes. I found the problem and fixed it. I'm not sure if the two events are related, but...

I left osu open for about an hour while on FF, going to these forums to ask for help, then BAM. Explorer crashes. I restarted my computer, and then it works fine. So, fix to the no internet connection problem: just restart the computer. Hopefully that'll work for anyone else with this problem.
Mafiamaster
Yay!
grekirikka
Ayesha Altugle
NEW RECORD for necro'ing a thread!
/me gives a cookie