forum

DHT - Listen To Your Heart (Techno)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rolled
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 at 10:15:47 PM

Artist: DHT
Title: Listen To Your Heart (Techno)
BPM: 72.5
Filesize: 3365kb
Play Time: 03:23
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (3.37 stars, 313 notes)
Download: DHT - Listen To Your Heart (Techno)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My second map. I really like the outcome of this one. It is labeled as almost hard because I am not quite sure what the difficulty would be considered, opinions appreciated. More difficulties upon request.

Also note: The song starts off slow. Just put up with it for a little bit.

Second note: EiJi's song "Good luck" was a great inspiration for this map. I tried doubling the BPM in sections and I think it turned out rather nice.

Final note: Enjoy!

edit: Minor adjustments with the note's sound

edit2: Offset fix

edit3: blaaaah

(new) Edit4: Fixed some offsets and made some timing sections more accurate.

moar edits: spinner spam removed.
Phrygian
You helped with mine, thought I'd help comment on yours. =D

I really like the whole structure of the beats, it feels... musical, and fits really well with the song.
I'm just not a fan of the super-short spinners... but that's just a personal thing. xD

The timing change is really well done, I love how the speed of the sliders so dramatically changes with the sections.

For difficulty, I think that hard is fine. The slow sections are very easy, and I was pretty confident I'd get an S-rank on my first attempt, but the fast section changed my mind. However, I was still able to get past the next slow section without any misses and mostly 300s... but I was tripped up by the beats in the final section and failed. xD I'm not an exceptionally good player, so I figure that hard is perfect for difficulty.

It's a very enjoyable map, nice job. :D
Topic Starter
Rolled
Thank you very much :D And yea the quicker beats towards the end are a bit confusing. They even trip me up sometimes. I might change that in the future.
EiJi
HOW DARE YOU COPY MY BEATMAPPING STYLE!

lol... Seriously, though. You're showing alot of promise as a beatmapper. Atleast the two maps of yours I've tried had been well made.

Note placement here is a bit confusing, but I'd say it's acceptable.

I'm not gonna bother checking the timing, the notes seem to be timed correctly. However, I did feel an offset of 167,568 was better. Don't take my word on it, but try it and see what you think.

Starred.

PS: This is certainly not normal. And it's not insane. So it is hard. If you change the difficulty name, check force OSZ update when you do so. Otherwise you'll end up with with both modes.
Topic Starter
Rolled
I agree with you, the song is more on sync with the offset change. Thanks. Difficulty changed also.
EiJi
Btw, there are like 8 images in your OSZ. Might wanna remove em.

Edit: 2:39:71 is of some interest :P
Topic Starter
Rolled

EiJi wrote:

Btw, there are like 8 images in your OSZ. Might wanna remove em.

Edit: 2:39:71 is of some interest :P
Done. And btw I do not know how the orange three got all out of place in that long stream o.o it is fixed now. Sorry if that is the part you liked :P

edit: *curious to where the star went to* ._.
Zyid
Yeah at first I thought it was easy but then the fast sections definitely threw me off. I'm not sure if this was just me, but the rapid succession of spinners were a bit confusing - probably because I've never seen something like that done before. I'm hesitant to call that a design flaw, and it was certainly very creative.

Everything else looks absolutely fantastic. I'm adding the star back pending further opinions.
peppy

Zyid wrote:

I'm adding the star back pending further opinions.
When you add a star, edit the first post in the thread - not yours ;).
Also, thought bubble for other mod's opinions. Star for "needs a bit more work but has potential".

Sorry I didn't really get to explain everything to you initially. Really need to make a post about this in the mod forum so its all standardised.
Topic Starter
Rolled
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Kharl
Some of the jumps are kinda cruel for a slow-hand player like me. :cry:

Anyway, I approve of this map.

*Thought-bubbled*
Topic Starter
Rolled
Towards the end they are indeed.

I will alter them if one more person requests. Don't expect distance snap though, you need a bit of a challenge ;)
James
I remembered that Kharl doesn't approve spinners that overlap in the last object. So..
The spinner in 01:47:98 is one of them :P -1

And I don't mind those "complicated" notes in the end, it looks cool though. +1

And I like techno :) +100,000,000

After fixing the spinner I guess this is pretty rankable by then :)
James
Ranked. Because.. I..
...Listen to my Heart~
Haruspex
Yeah at last i beat it! 8-)

Great beatmap Rolled.
LimeGreenTeknii
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
0_o
It fails when I try to download this.. is this just me?
LuigiHann

0_o wrote:

Download link in thread fails. Download link on the beatmap info page works fine.

When we people learn that if one doesn't work, try the other one?
0_o

LuigiHann wrote:

0_o wrote:

Download link in thread fails. Download link on the beatmap info page works fine.

When we people learn that if one doesn't work, try the other one?
The beatmap info link didn't work for me either.

And for the record I tried it in osu!direct, beatmap info, and the thread before posting ;)
LuigiHann
Strange, then. Beatmap info page download link is working fine for me.

Edit: the download worked fine, but osu failed to load the map. Is that what happened to you?
show more