forum

Hisaka Yoko - Heart Goes Boom!!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Z-Ramm
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, August 10, 2009 at 11:05:50 AM

Artist: Hisaka Yoko
Title: Heart Goes Boom!!
Source: K-On!
Tags: K-On Mio Akiyama Character Song Z-Ramm DJPop
BPM: 180
Filesize: 6055kb
Play Time: 02:20
Difficulties Available:
  1. Budokan! (Hard) (4.92 stars, 347 notes)
  2. DJPop's World Tour (Insane) (5 stars, 479 notes)
  3. School Festival (Normal) (3.84 stars, 209 notes)
  4. Training Camp (Easy) (2.68 stars, 147 notes)
Download: Hisaka Yoko - Heart Goes Boom!!
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
"Ba-boom boom boom boom~"

This is a bass-tastic song from Mio Akiyama's K-On character single. While I'm not new to rhythm games in general, this is my first attempt at making a beatmap for osu! Enjoy!

Thanks to DJPop for his quickly-delivered and high-quality guest map for Insane!

Thanks to the modders who graciously helped out by critiquing this beatmap - James2250, yeahyeahyeahhh, DJPop, Senbon, lukewarmholiday, alvisto, blissfulyoshi, and Saturos-fangirl.

Most recent edit (#10, 8/10) - Updated with DJPop's change based on SFG's suggestions. It's ranking time! (again)
James2250
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Z-Ramm
Thanks, James2250. I made changes to Normal and Hard, mostly based on your suggestions and also to perform a few other minor tweaks.

I've now added an Easy difficulty as well.
yeahyeahyeahhh
Nothing strikes out to be needing to be fixed x_X Just two things that kinda bugged me/I tripped on :(

01:18:899 (1) and 01:19:566 (4) (more so this one) - I didn't notice it was a slider and kept getting a 100, didn't know why until I looked in edit. Even after seeing it (4) would give me a 100. Maybe just make them circles?

Hab one of those pretty slider stars in your map :)
DJPop
Set Preview Time to 45566

Some parts seem like you copied and pasted D=
Please try arranging into new pattern.

~Easy~
01:20:23 (2,3) - spacing is too low

~Normal~
Fine.

~Hard~
Good.

I also want to make a map for this song XD

+Star
Topic Starter
Z-Ramm

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

01:18:899 (1) and 01:19:566 (4) (more so this one) - I didn't notice it was a slider and kept getting a 100, didn't know why until I looked in edit. Even after seeing it (4) would give me a 100. Maybe just make them circles?
I understand what you mean about these being confusing at first, but I personally like the little flair they add to those two notes. I'll stay on the fence on this one for now, but I'll probably make the change you suggested if more people mention it being a problem. Thanks for the input. :)

DJPop wrote:

Set Preview Time to 45566

Some parts seem like you copied and pasted D=
Please try arranging into new pattern.

~Easy~
01:20:23 (2,3) - spacing is too low
Thanks for reminding me about the preview time, I completely forgot to set that. </noob>
Good catch on the spacing on those notes on Easy - I've fixed that, and I also realigned a slider endpoint in that same section.
About the copy/paste, I'm assuming you mean how the 2nd chorus of each difficulty is very similar to the 1st. I'll probably change the pattern of the 2nd chorus a bit for each difficulty soon; I don't think I'll change the actual mapped notes much in terms of when I place them, but I'll try and change where I place them for some variation.

Edit 7/26: Changed up the second chorus of each difficulty for variation, and did some other minor changes. Looking for more comments!
Senbon
[Training Camp]

01:30:89 (2) - Move closer to end of (1)?

[School Festival]

Fine.

[Budokan!]

01:08:23 (5,6) - Unstack
01:42:56 (2) - Align w/ end of (1)

This is a really great map. XD

STAR.
lukewarmholiday
Hard
01:18:89 (1) - Remove hitfinish at the end
01:19:56 (4) - ^
I think they sound better when they last a full 1/4th

that's all
Topic Starter
Z-Ramm

Senbon wrote:

[Training Camp]

01:30:89 (2) - Move closer to end of (1)? Fixed.

[Budokan!]

01:08:23 (5,6) - Unstack Changed this a bit.
01:42:56 (2) - Align w/ end of (1) Respectfully disagree, unless someone else finds this to be a problem, but I kinda like it the way it is.

This is a really great map. XD Thanks a lot!

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Hard
01:18:89 (1) - Remove hitfinish at the end Done.
01:19:56 (4) - ^ Done.
I think they sound better when they last a full 1/4th I've made the change to a length of 1/4 like you suggested for now. I'm not sure which I like better; the new way makes (5) a little hard to hit right, so I'm looking for more input on this.

that's all Thanks!
More comments are appreciated as always.
alvisto
EASY
00:25:733 (3) - Spacing. Make 3 nearer to 2, because it looks like 2 -> 3, 3-> 4 same distance
01:04:399 (5) - Spacing.
02:06:899 - Maybe too hard for easy ? Maybe remove this slider and add a note at the next white tick
Otherwise, this is fine

NORMAL
02:19:899 - This is optional, but you may add a Kiai mode here.
Otherwise, this map is good

HARD
01:40:066 - Insert a note here

Otherwise, your map is very good for first timer. I really like the drum rush part in HARD. 1 suggestion : your beat sounds are too loud, sometimes the whistles are irritating to the ear, and loud beatsounds make Mio's singing unnoticable.

Anyway, starred ! =D Good luck ! I hope it get ranked.

P.S. : If you have time, could you help me mod my map too please ? That is my 1st beatmap too. =P So, we are both newbies. XD
Topic Starter
Z-Ramm
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
MegaManEXE
Fun map, have a star
blissfulyoshi
Easy:
SPOILER
Normal mod:
00:15:06 (3) - spacing

Combo mod:
00:43:40 (6) - new combo?

Normal:
SPOILER
Normal mod:
00:24:06 (6,7) - I found the mapping of instruments in this section sort of random. After the next spinner, the map has very few notes snapped to the instruments while lyrics are playing until the end of the second chorus.

Combo mod:
00:43:40 (8) - new combo?

Hard:
SPOILER
Normal mod:
this had the same snapping to instrument problem as normal, and since this the hardest diff, I would recommend you add notes 00:34:23, 00:36:73, and places similar to these to make the snapping to instruments more consistent
01:41:06 - put a slider for the guitar?

Nice map. Star.
Topic Starter
Z-Ramm
mtmcl
REALLY solid map, and not even ridiculously hard! A hard map I can pass for once! You get a very special mtmcl bubble. Take care of it because it's special.

(and an mtmcl star for priority. You can do what you want with the star. It's not special)
heartnetkung
A cool map for Budokan difficulty.
I agree with mtmcl that it's quite too easy for a hard map
perhaps it's because the hp drain is so slow

Btw the combo 01:18:89 (1) - 01:20:06 (7) is cool, love it <3

Have a star!
mtmcl
Bubble repair.
Topic Starter
Z-Ramm

mtmcl wrote:

Bubble repair.
Thank you. I am a very silly person. :? I will treat this new bubble with utmost care.
DJPop

DJPop wrote:

D: D: D: D: D:
Topic Starter
Z-Ramm

DJPop wrote:

DJPop wrote:

D: D: D: D: D:
Nothing personal, but since this is close to being ranked (I hope, maybe?), and it's my first map, I'd rather just get this one done as a solo effort. Once that's out of the way, I wouldn't mind letting you or other people do difficulties for my future maps. I'd just prefer to do this one alone. I hope that didn't sound rude :?

Edit: Well, if you really want to make a difficulty, then I guess that would be fine. As long as it 1) doesn't have a custom skin or SB and uses the same background/MP3 as my maps, 2) is clearly rankable (nothing much past the 10mil score limit), and 3) can be made within a few days, that would be OK. If the difficulty is harder than my three maps, I think "DJPop's World Tour" would be a good difficulty name to fit the theme. I was intending to do this as a solo effort since it's my first map, and I'd still kind of like to, but if you really want to make a diff, then I guess it'd be kind of rude to stop you. So let me know your decision ;)
show more